Ms 250

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steelz

Steelz

ArboristSite Member
My question is I like the Stihl MS 250 18" I have about 30 more trees too take down. Sizes from 2" to 24''. Plus the cutup that goes with the felled trees. I can trade the MS 250 back do the dealer Monday. He can order me the new MS291. Shoud I stay with the 18" or go with 20"? Or is the MS 250 enough saw for what I'm doing?

dingo

dingo

ArboristSite Guru
two cents worth: I like the 20" because it is closer to the ground without bending over for limbing and it is a lot handier for me to have the longer bar when felling.

cuttingintime

cuttingintime

ArboristSite Guru
I have both the ms250 and a ms290. The ms250 wears a 16", while the ms290 has a 20". First of all both saw have been very reliable an have given many years of service to our landscape maintenance company. That said if I could only have one, it would be the ms290. So would I trade, that depends on if you go to a two saw plan in which I would keep the ms250 and get a larger saw? Those 24" trees could be handle with ms250 but how hard will the saw be working and time will be spent.

Steelz

Steelz

ArboristSite Member
Thanks for your help. I kept the MS 250. When I got to the dealer I bought it from. He told me the price would be $252. The price from my MS 250 and the MS 291 $140. Plus $50 for a new bar and $30 for a new chain. I told him. Heck a new saw costs that kind of money. He should have told me that this past Saturday.