MS-260 pro

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

16:1mix

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
After cruising the Stihl web site and 'window shopping' I've put the Sthil MS 260 PRO on my wish list. The one and only Stihl dealer in the area that I have access to priced this saw with an 18" bar at (US) $460 plus freight.

Does this sound like a reasonable figure compared to your experiences?

thanks!

Why are you willing to pay a premium price for a close to 20 year old construction?

Have you considered the Husky 346xp, or the new Dolmar PS-5100S?

OK, the Stihl is a bit lighter, but the others have better power to weight ratios.

SawTroll said:
Why are you willing to pay a premium price for a close to 20 year old construction?

Have you considered the Husky 346xp, or the new Dolmar PS-5100S?

OK, the Stihl is a bit lighter, but the others have better power to weight ratios.

Maybe because it's rock solid and can get serviced for the next 20 years? and there are 8000+ USA servicing dealers if you ever need work or help?

Actually comparing it to the "20 year old" version is strong endorsement to the original base design for almost all of Stihls professional series saws. Even the MS880 is just a "big 026". There are many many refinements on the current MS260-PRO over the original 026...most being natural evolution and some (non-refinement!) for EPA (let not start a rave about mufflers etc again :) ). It's one of the few saws (-PRO version) that I'll never get rid off....

SawTroll said:
Fair enough Lakeside, considering that you seem to be a die-hard Stihl supporter ........ :angel:

Working at a Stihl-only dealership does tend to turn my head! :) Sometimes I wish we couldn't get parts for some of the old saws that come in to be resurrected.... :rolleyes:

Stihls are here very costly especially MS260 relative its displacement. MS-260 here costs a little more than Dolmars PS-6400 :dizzy:
PS-5000 costs near the same as MS270. Husqvarnas-Jonsereds are with quite heavy prices too :)

Last edited:
Back