MS 270 Back from the dealer and its still broken

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
unproffesional

Must have some of those tarnished tin can techs. Leave a smudge on the rest of us.

I am sure there may be more to the story, but if all appears true, go get him with all the other decent techs on the site's blessing.

Know any western ny snow birds?
Send it up with them.

You guys are scaring me........

I like the "poker" talk though.................. I am going to go for the "bronze"
tech test soon, I hear that all is required is a pulse............

I will drop your guys names, maybe they will slide me a cheat sheet, and I
can pass with flying colors..................

You guys are scaring me........

I like the "poker" talk though.................. I am going to go for the "bronze"
tech test soon, I hear that all is required is a pulse............

I will drop your guys names, maybe they will slide me a cheat sheet, and I
can pass with flying colors..................

Pulse? na..

Here's the cheat sheet:

Icademy. Sign in a "dealer".

Open a new copy of your browser and sign in as "fish".

Answer question in dealer. Get it the wrong (not really possible... but..), get correct answer, transfer to "fish".

But that would be cheating and make you a lousy tech. I could however sell you the answers .. ..

Last edited:
I don't think it's Stihl or even dealer bashing. I see this BS in almost every business I deal with. There are great service people out there, and businesses who will really fight to keep your business, but it seems a fair chunk of people just don't give a fat, flying, furry :censored: anymore.

I have to agree 100%. There is a stihl dealer here in Auburn, IN. that i stopped in and talked to about some chains. I asked if they had any specials on chains, a dealer in Ft. Wayne has a buy 2 get one free deal. The guy in auburn was pissed that i asked him for the same deal, to sum it up the guy told me to get out of jis shop and go buy it else where. I guess buisness is good! I will never step foot in there again. it's to bad because he is so close to me.
One thing I have used to get leverage with companies that ####in you around is tell them your going to file a complaint with the BBB (better buisness bureau) and chamber of commerance. I guess that stuff isn't a joke because it has got results for me more than once. I guess it is a pain in the butt deal companies have to follow up on and than have a track record in the state commerance dept.

Thespians

...you guys are great comedy.

and, also, for a few of you that are quite enthralled with your own being,

unbelievable tragedy.

"Hello, Kettle? This is Pot, You're BLACK."

For Spliffah- Good one. I'm multi-benevolent, meaning if my nephew happens to be going that way, I have him stop with a wad of cash that would stall your Harbor Freight Twin Handle corncob holder maker, just to pick up my Kombi Tool, which I expected to pay for, unrealizing it was one of the newer tools enjoying "homeowner or residential use" status, and therefore -under warranty. He gets gas money and lunch on my ticket.

My wife would kick your ass if you implied she was not a woman. She aint gonna buck logs, but she'll stop at Caterpillar and KNOW what she's getting is what I ordered. Would you expect your her to run it in the parking lot to ensure it was hot?

Next time, make sure you read the thread correctly before opening your mouth, great insult, no basis -equals zero. Two tools here, a Kombi and a chainsaw, seperated by six months, much like you and your brother.

Gross? You have to be kidding. You're gross, as in, grossly underpowered for a battle of wits. You just thought you'd throw in some humor on a FNG. Backfire, and HUGE mistake. For your own sake, back away slowly, like the bit character you are, and you wont get hurt.

FISH,

TeeHee, GeeVee.

You're hooked, and can't do a thing about it.

Best part is, I wasn't trolling, never have and never will. But I will take the oppotunity to whip you like a red headed stepchild, in front of your budz, just because you too, felt like dropping a deuce on a noob.

Uh, since you are that smart, and not trolling for trouble, then why, in your
busy, high tech, world view, did you bother to post your juvenile rant, in a silly attempt to hurt a dealership that pissed you off????

Qualified that in at least two or three posts.

How is it, in your, uh, mind, the ignition???????

I have tools. I can read. And there's this new thing called the internet, where most everyting thats ever been printed on paper, and everthing else since then, is available for free. -If you know where to look or know someone that does. Reading and tools came easy for me, long before you mastered potty training. I've seen machinery evolve, you're still figgerin'.....

Once again, get over the coil. IN BOTH MACHINES. The butler did it, in the garden, with the coil. Loser puts away the box. Thats you.

Pay me enough, and I will slide in some integrity, and a tiny ethic, wiggle it a bit, just for you, you troublemaker.... Hey that's my job........

SO, in other words, what they pay you at your dealership, isn't enough for you to ply your trade with the utmost integrity, ethics and morals, you gotta come on a message board and whore your service for a few dollars more? I'll make sure to recall that.

What would you do when you ran across a dry, brand new, spark plug?

Never mind, You'd find a way to hose that up.

We try to help here, but get pissy when someone posts with a different, silly
motive, like yours....

You are a self centered jerk, that thinks he "knows" it all, and he was "letting"
someone "take care of it", as I already know what is wrong....

Dang son, you really think that rant was going to go unanswered? Again, You failed to understand what you were reading. Which means you will be suffering many times through life. (already have)

Begrudge me because I have more money than time NOW? How about a thumbs up for working my way out of the trenches by using what tools I could get/have? Today, my tools are, enjoying a great career/livelyhood that will provide for comfortable existence, and at the same time, when its time for leisure, I have good quality tools, and materials, to hobby along at a professional quality, with exceptional results.

What were they before? I made it work, with less than nothing.

I'm telling you, you don't want to go down that alley, so let that go too.

And if the dealer doesn't do it all for free, I will join a few hillbilly "chainsaw"
forums and smear his name.
Are you really simple minded enough to think your efforts will make any
dent on his business?

I'd go back and recall the posts numbers where I qualified this statement, more than once, but I dare say more than enough will already realize, Yep, he's on IT. And Miinner, (in the south they dont say OW) he's diggin.

Just curious. Do you expect a dealer to bring you out a new coil on a plate,
because you have determined that it is what you need???????

No, I expect the service writer to record the serial number of the item being left for service on the work order, further to check if ANY part of the machine might be under warranty, using said serial number.

Regardless of whether I was correct in my diagnosis, and knew at least that the PART was under warranty (but not labor), I expect for the franchise Owner to instill basic Customer Service habits in his employees.

Further, I expect the technician to recognize a saw with a brand new plug, and a bad coil, to not need an additional brand new plug. How much do you get from a nearly seven dollar plug on your chump change primes? (You don't know what a prime is?)

So, since you missed it the first time around, I'll recap. I was billed, and paid for, warranty parts and labor on the Kombi. The saw, I KNEW the coil was under warranty, but not he labor. Alas, you can't have the warrantied part to install yourself, now can you?

You gettin' all this, boy?

If you are that brilliant, then why did this thread/story start, unless you
are just a bored teenager with nothing else going on this winter.

UUUUhhhhhh, that gave your age away......................

Sorry, I only play with children my own age..........

Well, every once in a while you have to dumb it down, to reach your audience.

I guess I missed my mark.

Youi're done, Fish.

You dont have to go away mad, but you do have to go away. See Ya, Bye Bye now.

Seriously, you dug yourself a hole big enough to die in. I'd give you a hand up, if you were man enough to take it. You don' take it, and pitch a fit, I'll bury you.

Hey Fish you're slippin' my man! You were suppossed to see his tell on the first two down cards not wait for the "river" card.

RupeSheepy, what are you, an individual like the rest of them?
To be accused of TROLLING? Act of War? To be misunderstood, mis-read, maligned... (look it up, try Wikipedia, Einstein) Your relpy was more about slurping up to Bait, than it was about bashing me. Butch up kid, someday you'll have a post count that means something, at least to you.....

yes.. definitely slipping...

I was sure by now you'd have suggested that "insert brand" was behind this slew of bad mouthing "insert dealer". Maybe I'm just confusing you with PESt

Lakeside, I know not why you would join this disaster waiting to happen, but anyway, RupeWoolybugger is holding your place in line.

All this could have been avoided if a couple of children would have actually read the thread, rather than using the cliff notes version, eh?

Truly, for the folks that are doing so, what was I supposed to do?

For the couple that are smartin a bit?

Recognize you just ran up against that guy that wants it just a bit more than you, and is better prepared.

Let it go. I do know more about the subject than you, (combined) and will not tolerate further pokes to my chest. Do not confuse my use of -slang, improperonpurpose vernacular, big werdz, and flames we'll probably catch you plaguersing months from now, with the slightest bit of compassion for your stupidity.

Sorry about the mile-longer. If I deserve the demerit, so be it. If others might could use a beat down, well, I think they got it.

I did not, will not, do not, troll.

Interesting that your thread has taken enough time to put a coil in about a half dozen times.

Your last post is confirming what fish said.

Last edited:
For Spliffah- Good one. I'm multi-benevolent, meaning if my nephew happens to be going that way, I have him stop with a wad of cash that would stall your Harbor Freight Twin Handle corncob holder maker, just to pick up my Kombi Tool, which I expected to pay for, unrealizing it was one of the newer tools enjoying "homeowner or residential use" status, and therefore -under warranty. He gets gas money and lunch on my ticket.

Your paragraph is not indicative of the mental faculties you claim to have. I'm not convinced you know what "benevolent" means, but would be interested to hear your version.

Genius...

another lob from the gallery...

What, you the timekeeper? Paying long distance on your dial up?
If you didn't want to read it, why did you stay up past your bedtime?

another lob from the gallery...

What, you the timekeeper? Paying long distance on your dial up?
If you didn't want to read it, why did you stay up past your bedtime?

You misunderstand the implications of my post. I was reiterating the discrepancy of your claimed lack of time with your actual posting of drivel--a discrepancy that Fish so ably highlighted and for which you have not responded in your 1000 word diatribe. I did not imply nor say that I did not want to read it. That's a construction that only exists in your mind. I happen to stare at train wrecks also.

Ha ha. If you're speaking of me, I'm not concerned in the least, and your notion that I am is further proving Fish's assertion of your self centeredness. Fish has always been good about nailing people down before the rest of us. :greenchainsaw:

You misunderstand the implications of my post. I was reiterating the discrepancy of your claimed lack of time with your actual posting of drivel--a discrepancy that Fish so ably highlighted and for which you have not responded in your 1000 word diatribe. I did not imply nor say that I did not want to read it. That's a construction that only exists in your mind. I happen to stare at train wrecks also.

Guilty. I did not read your post. However I do type exponentialy faster than you.

I've been exchanging PM's with others, as well.

Guilty. I did not read your post. However I do type exponentialy faster than you.

And I've been on two other sites. Do you think the world revolves around you? Give me a range in words per minute that you think I've been typing. :popcorn:

All this could have been avoided if a couple of children would have actually read the thread, rather than using the cliff notes version, eh?
The problem with whoppers is that you begin to contradict yourself, especially when being called on them. You've yet to address your saying that your wife picked the stuff up with calling the picker-upper a "he" yet either.

Back