ms180cqt

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally posted by Navara
how good is this saw just for using around the house/firewood.

I bought one of these about a year and a half ago. . . As a complete newbie, I mostly wanted something to cut a bit of wood for my fireplace and to use for camping. I hadn't had any saw experience to speak of when I bought it. I have no complaints with the saw. . .it's exactly what it's sold as -- a light duty, small homeowner saw. I think I cut about 5 cords with it, then after a year I realized that it wasn't what I really was looking for (partly because I installed fireplace inserts and got serious about heating with wood). Last fall I bought a 260 -- which I am REALLY happy with.

The 180 is ok. . .I take it camping and 4wheeling with me -- It fits nicely in my truck toolbox, and works fine at clearing blowdowns off a trail. Other than that, it sits in the garage and I use the 260. I guess I also use it if there's any dirt on/around whatever I'm cutting. . .I've become quite careful about not abusing my (somewhat inept) attempt at square filed RS chain.

Steve

i hear my neighbor put put over his mlace with one all the time.. thing is he sold me an like new 028 yrs ago,,and aint forgive me yet.. im nice guy ,,but he wasnt getting that thing back.. hadnt got stole.. it be mounted on a wall somewhere. my livingroom. with my pops old shotgun.. good things belong togather..

Back