MS261 VS MS261 C-M Comparison

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, I see....Looking forward to that thread.
On the saws, thank you Randy! That's Awesome.
I just got the shipping notification from Fed-EX.
I'm surprised you got them all back in that Coleman cooler?
I'm looking forward to running my first ported saws!:cheers:

Gee Sierra, I think you have enough saws to cut down every single tree in the state of Nevada.

Just a little update. I've done about ten more of these MS261C-Ms since this thread was posted. So far, no complaints about a single thing.......Stihl has the M-Tronic down pat.....

Just a little update. I've done about ten more of these MS261C-Ms since this thread was posted. So far, no complaints about a single thing.......Stihl has the M-Tronic down pat.....

I am wondering when aftermarket (strict replacement or retrofit) computer controlled carbs and stuff will start showing up.

They really seem to, or in other words I haven't seen legitimate gripes with the Stihl system versus some of the warm re-start issues or tuning curve 5 minutes in the wood deal that many of the Husky owners have chimed in on.

Your the man when it comes to saw tech, what do you attribute the success of their M-Tronic tech to versus some of the issues Husky has had? I've seen the vids of your ported 261C work and all I can say is WOW! That's a saw I would love to own and work with day in and out.

Last edited:
I try hard......really hard. I work long hours. I study everything that I can find. I keep good notes and records. I ask for feedback on the saws we do, that way I can stay informed.....and most importantly, I try to keep my customers happy. If you do work for the public, and in the public's eye, you have to always be willing to do whatever it takes to make the end user happy with your product.

Just a note on these types of old/new AS crossover forum tool threads: the video links and references to the old VBulletin AS threads do not link or work correctly on/from the new XenForo AS threads. Similar to the fact that current Google searches that result in AS posts do not currently link either. The Google searches will likely be corrected in time, but I do not know about the thousands of links to early AS vBulletin threads. They all fail at this point.

Just a note on these types of old/new AS crossover forum tool threads: the video links and references to the old VBulletin AS threads do not link or work correctly on/from the new XenForo AS threads. Similar to the fact that current Google searches that result in AS posts do not currently link either. The Google searches will likely be corrected in time, but I do not know about the thousands of links to early AS vBulletin threads. They all fail at this point.

We can hope for the best I reckon.....

just read this whole thread damn its long

just made my decision to send randy my 026 to get done

how do the 026 compare to the 261 ported and non ported

just read this whole thread damn its long

just made my decision to send randy my 026 to get done

how do the 026 compare to the 261 ported and non ported

The 026 can be made into a real runner Mike. The carb is the bottleneck in the end though.

Just made up your mind huh? How many saws have we done for you now? :p

I try hard......really hard. I work long hours. I study everything that I can find. I keep good notes and records. I ask for feedback on the saws we do, that way I can stay informed.....and most importantly, I try to keep my customers happy. If you do work for the public, and in the public's eye, you have to always be willing to do whatever it takes to make the end user happy with your product.

I'm not happy with my 362 ... I want 5 more horsepower! :chop:

the stihl 041 super , a 038 mag ll , a 064 and now the 026

all I can say is there all awesome but the 064 kicked my ass ,torn my back up

fully buried in white oak noodleing it doesn't lose rpm in the cut with a 28 inch bar

my mind is not normal

I'm not happy with my 362 ... I want 5 more horsepower! :chop:

I know the feeling......

the stihl 041 super , a 038 mag ll , a 064 and now the 026

all I can say is there all awesome but the 064 kicked my ass ,torn my back up

fully buried in white oak noodleing it doesn't lose rpm in the cut with a 28 inch bar

my mind is not normal

I'll take that old back breaking 064 if it's too much for ya. :D

That's because Randy is taking advantage of our addictions!

Mo' powah!

Mo' saws!

Now I gotta get a 261cm for him to mod ... Poor me .... :confused:

OTOH, the 441 is quite the tool.

Every one that tries it out wants to steal it ... Hearing them mutter that all they have to do is swap out the plastic got me worried. :buttkick:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back