MS261 VS MS261 C-M Comparison

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought this thread was pointing to an upcoming/updated 50cc shootout thread, Right?:msp_confused:

It is. But when I send out the OE model it was wearing my intake.......I've got Wiggs picking me one up. Hopefully we'll get it this year.

Oh.......your saws left here today.

Oh, I see....Looking forward to that thread.
On the saws, thank you Randy! That's Awesome.
I just got the shipping notification from Fed-EX.
I'm surprised you got them all back in that Coleman cooler?
I'm looking forward to running my first ported saws!:cheers:

Oh, I see....Looking forward to that thread.
On the saws, thank you Randy! That's Awesome.
I just got the shipping notification from Fed-EX.
I'm surprised you got them all back in that Coleman cooler?
I'm looking forward to running my first ported saws!:cheers:

We had to put a layer of foam padding on top of the three bottom saws and then put the 550 on top of that. They're in there like a hair in a biscuit.

I figured it'd be tight fit. Thought maybe I'd try a flush cut on the 390, since you said you would have to remove the full-wrap anyways.

update on oe 261

I received the carbed version 261 in this shootout this past Saturday. I've been so busy cutting with it everyday I forgot to write about it. Its my first ported saw and im thoroughly impressed. It has replaced for stock 460 for anything 20" and smaller. By far the funnest saw I've ever run. I'll never own a stock saw again. I like it so much I just purchased a 064 with 066 top end on ebay that Randy worked on. Looking forward to playing with that one next week. My 460 is next to get Masterminded. So far I've cut a little more than a cord of firewood with the 261 and look forward to cutting many more. Anyone whose thinking of pulling trigger on the same saw, do yourself a favor and buy one already. After Randy is done with it you'll wonder how you went so long without one. Thanks again Randy!

I received the carbed version 261 in this shootout this past Saturday. I've been so busy cutting with it everyday I forgot to write about it. Its my first ported saw and im thoroughly impressed. It has replaced for stock 460 for anything 20" and smaller. By far the funnest saw I've ever run. I'll never own a stock saw again. I like it so much I just purchased a 064 with 066 top end on ebay that Randy worked on. Looking forward to playing with that one next week. My 460 is next to get Masterminded. So far I've cut a little more than a cord of firewood with the 261 and look forward to cutting many more. Anyone whose thinking of pulling trigger on the same saw, do yourself a favor and buy one already. After Randy is done with it you'll wonder how you went so long without one. Thanks again Randy!

Thanks for the kind words Brian. Enjoy it my friend.

261 from Randy was my first ported saw too. I had the same sentiments as you. It cuts like a bigger than it is. Only down side is much like you I wont own another stock saw...

I've got a 10" X 10" and Steven's 2153 that I ported.....a ported 2253, and last night, I got my MS261C finished.....

:rock:

Last edited:

just wait till you get a masterminded 460 mine is an animal

i think it may be about 19-20 cords sir ,i may be wrong though ,i have been before

I was wondering about that saw especially because it has more compression than my "normal" work saw builds. It's blowing about 225psi.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back