MS390 v.s. MS391...slightly confused

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And maybe a coupla hundred bux if the OP can find a nice used 310. Then he can run it senseless till it blows up and put a 390 top end on it. Voila!:cheers:

BTW, I have a 310 and a 390. Bought the 310 new for just under $400 and the 390 used (like new) for $275. Don't ask why I have both.:dizzy:

Instead, just:givebeer:

Poge
again, I really don't think the the 310 or 311 exsist in Canada. You lucky SOB's south of the border have a better selection of saws.

But I was at the dealer today and the Wood Pro Sale just started. I could get a 362 for $749.95 with a case extra chain and hat. Remember these are Canadain prices so its actually a pretty good price. I know everyone one on here suggested the 361 but it's not on sale.

Basically its the 361 for reg $750 or 362 with a case on sale $750...any input?

Thanks!

you gain slightly better fuel economy, less vibes (not that there is a problem with the 361), a broader powerband and .2hp more at the expense of a pound of weight. i would probably go for the 361, but either will serve you nicely.

I actually like the powerband of the 361 a little better. I honestly felt the 362 did'nt quite have what the 361 had. It really felt about the same power-wise, but it is supposed to have that .2 hp extra.

I think the 361 would be easier to mod maybe. I just like the balance of it a little better too. The anti-vibe system of the 362 is spot on though.

If they are both the same price, it would be a tough call for me. But i think I still take the 361.

362 all day every day if they are the same price. The added weight is nothing in the woods compared to all the advantages of the new technology and extra power. There have been a number of threads comparing the 361 and 362.

The MS391, is a much better design than the old 290/310/390 series saws.
The 391's power is much greater than expected, the old 390 has about as much just as a worn out 361, but the 391 is much closer to the 441 than anyone will believe. I've sold a couple 391's with 24" bars and wouldn't hesitate to run one myself cutting firewood.

I'd love to run a MS391 vs. a Husky 460 just to see how well the homeowner saws stack up.

That would imply it's stronger than the 362 then.

It does have 5 more cc's than the 362, I'm just saying the 391's I've run at the shop surprised the hell out of me, they carried 24" bars much better than the old 390's did. I'm just saying I'd like to see how well a MS391 520$ 65cc saw runs against a MS441 850$ 70cc saw. To see if for the 441 is giving you 300$ worth of something extra.

Last edited:
this was a couple pages back but i just thought I'd mention that Bailey's does ship to Canada and also that they ship from a Canadian location so you do not have to pay duty and gst. I have even returned something and sent it to their Canadian address. Very slick setup and makes it great for us Canucks

Don't forget about the Dolmar/Makita 6401. It can be bought for $499. For $599 you can get it with the BB kit and have 84cc. 6401, 7900BB. BTW, you CANNOT buy more saw new for that money.

I don't see any Stihl's on Bailey's but I understand Stihl only sells their products face to face. But I don't see any Dolmar's on there? They have the Makita version but I prefer Dolmar...Simply because I'm a Dewalt man and HATE their green power tools! haha

Latest posts

Back