MS460 VS MS461

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which is better?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That looks like a fireman saw
Yeah I thought I could use one since all I seem to do is run around and put out other peoples fires:lol:.
It is a rescue saw which is the equivalent to the R version (wide clutch cover, wrap handle, pretty sure they have the HD oiler) plus the shield on the front, and the D starter handle also. There is no decamp on them and there is a rubber filler in the decomposition hole.
What's the 180 part of your screen name, 180 PSI?

Yeah I thought I could use one since all I seem to do is run around and put out other peoples fires:lol:.
It is a rescue saw which is the equivalent to the R version (wide clutch cover, wrap handle, pretty sure they have the HD oiler) plus the shield on the front, and the D starter handle also. There is no decamp on them and there is a rubber filler in the decomposition hole.
will it double for snowblower with that pull starter ?..........lol.........

Yeah, but chainsaws are loud. And dangerous. And smelly.

I'm gonna be in my safe place knitting a new hat.

dccf9c0ee7297eab67bf61ba517e65ac.jpg

My old motocross user name when i was younger ,trx250r was my race atv ,180 was my # on the bike

Good looking saw. I prefer the screw caps rather than the flip caps. I've had less issues with the screw caps but I broke a screw cap once over-tightening it. The inside of the cap feel inside the oil tank.
Here's my shop-made solution to prevent breaking screw caps:
Cap Twister01.jpg Cap Twister03.jpg
Typical screnches have small tips that can easily set up too much torque. I've never broken a screw cap with this tool.

Until a helper puts them on too tight with a scrench , yup, I have it happen every time!
I have replaced dozens of screw on caps that owners bring in. Almost all of them were cracked by a scrench. Recall that Stihl often placed a decal right next to the fuel cap showing the scrench tightening the cap. I often thought they did that in order to sell lots of replacement caps. :rolleyes:

Maybe that decal was the midwife that gave birth to the flippy cap. ;)

Back