My boys first solo saw build

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jason I was at a my husky shop today, he had a box full of 55 stuff. If you need anything drop me a note.

Well, I sent the carb to John to run through his sonic clean. There was no way I could get all that crap out. I plan to order a kit for it within the next day or two.

I think Joe has us a usable cylinder for it. I've learned from a previous screw up to not order the piston until I know for sure the size of the jug. After we get that, a Meteor will be on the way. Should be 46mm.

When all that is in our possession, I'll then teach him how to measure squish.

Just haven't heard from you lately making sure you guys are still around. I got a little suprise from John yesterday.[emoji106]

Just haven't heard from you lately making sure you guys are still around. I got a little suprise from John yesterday.[emoji106]

We all good! Been carryin' wood. Startin' to get a little chilly. We have about 1.5 cord in the basement and room for another 1-1 1/4.

Saw surprises are the good kind! Them and guns.. and knives... and car/bike parts.. lol
Hows it run?!?! You did get it dirty already I hope.

We all good! Been carryin' wood. Startin' to get a little chilly. We have about 1.5 cord in the basement and room for another 1-1 1/4.

Saw surprises are the good kind! Them and guns.. and knives... and car/bike parts.. lol
Hows it run?!?! You did get it dirty already I hope.
I ran it in a 20 inch red oak and made 3 cuts it runs like a scalded dog [emoji2]

Cool thread, I've got an old 50 rancher on the shelf I'll get my 13 year old to fix.

My son helped me rebuild my fathers old 50. It's and '88 grey top, so he does have a little experience. Those saws are very easy to work on, and the 55 is not much different. But this time, it's allll his.

Here he is in 2/14
DSC07756.JPG

EDIT: Golf piston was NOT used, lol That's where I learned my lesson. Ordered it for saw and ended up getting a cylinder that was 45mm not 44mm(original to saw).

I was just going to post...

I started showing the boy how to use the flex shaft on my Dremel. Put a flap wheel on it and he started going to town on the muffler this eve. It's about 1/2 done.

The carb kit is on it's way. Looking forward to that because it's a full kit, not just diaphragms etc.

Latest posts

Back