my customer service sucks

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fordf150

ArboristSite.com Sponsor
Sponsor
Reaction score
Looking for an opinion on this. It is resolved already but what would you expect me( or any shop) to do in this instance?

Had a customer a few weeks ago call needing a bar tip. He had bought one off ebay and had ordered the wrong one, either didnt want to return it or couldnt return it to the original seller so he asked if i was interested in giving him credit towards the correct one. We agreed on $5 with him getting the tip back to me, which we both thought was fair since this particular bar tip is an oddball that i rarely sell and he had no use for it. He was to get credited back for it when it arrived here. Fast forward to this morning when the postman walks in carrying an envelope that he needs signed for and postage paid on. It was the original package i sent this customer with his bar tip in it and "Return to Sender" written on the package.

AS 003.jpg

Wow...that's a new one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
he was actually mad because thats not how "return to sender" works......there shouldnt be any postage owed on a package marked "return to sender"

I thought that was only true for letters? Kinda seems like a scam for usps. People get out of paying for shipping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So he committed mail fraud to save himself a few bucks?
Or did he send it back unopened after you made him a special deal?

I would leave him off my Christmas card list
he opened the package, removed the bar tip i sold him, inserted his incorrect tip, wrote "return to sender" on the package and dropped it back off at the post office.

Customer is an idiot...if you could prove to the post that he reused the package fraudulently, well...the fines alone are rather substantial. Possibility of worse beyond that if the judge doesn't like the guy or is just plain in a bad mood. That'd be a really expensive bar tip for him at that point.

--Wintermute

Have the cost you paid for shipping go against his refund. Nate, if I was in your shoes I would have no problem doing that.
He knew what he was doing.
Agree...knew exactly what he was doing! My take...I'd 'screw the pooch' just like he did with you Nate.

Trying to be a nice guy just doesnt pay. Someone else sold him the wrong bar tip, i try to be nice and at least get him some of his money back but lets be honest....the tip he returned is a slow mover, meaning its been over a year since i sold one and i have 4 or 5 on the shelf so i dont want anymore of them but agree to take it anyway. Then i am the bad guy because USPS got wise to his game and charged shipping to return it and i refuse to eat the shipping on a first time customer that purchased a $16 part.

I offered full $5 credit on his next order....if there ever is a "next" order because he was not happy about my poor customer service. :crazy2: wonder how many times he has pulled this stunt with repackaging and it worked because he was genuinely mad about the post office charging the return shipping. Not losing any sleep over this one but thought it was comical enough to warrant a posting.

Trying to be a nice guy just doesnt pay. Someone else sold him the wrong bar tip, i try to be nice and at least get him some of his money back but lets be honest....the tip he returned is a slow mover, meaning its been over a year since i sold one and i have 4 or 5 on the shelf so i dont want anymore of them but agree to take it anyway. Then i am the bad guy because USPS got wise to his game and charged shipping to return it and i refuse to eat the shipping on a first time customer that purchased a $16 part.

I offered full $5 credit on his next order....if there ever is a "next" order because he was not happy about my poor customer service. :crazy2: wonder how many times he has pulled this stunt with repackaging and it worked because he was genuinely mad about the post office charging the return shipping. Not losing any sleep over this one but thought it was comical enough to warrant a posting.
I wouldn't sweat this bozo one bit...be done with him. He'll have zero bearing on your reputation whether it be here on the sites, or locally for that matter.

I have had absolutely "bar setting" performance with FordF150. He has driven 60 miles round trip to meet me to make my wood cutting day, the next day, successful. 5 Stars to F150.

Nate in my experience is a Stand Up Guy. I'll send him more biz because of this. Nate is my go to guy for all the Companies he represents. And I'll guarantee a buyers success with Nate. Good guys DO finish first in most cases, and especially in this case.

Back