my customer service sucks

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have had absolutely "bar setting" performance with FordF150. He has driven 60 miles round trip to meet me to make my wood cutting day, the next day, successful. 5 Stars to F150.

Nate in my experience is a Stand Up Guy. I'll send him more biz because of this. Nate is my go to guy for all the Companies he represents. And I'll guarantee a buyers success with Nate. Good guys DO finish first in most cases.
Nate is outstanding!!!

Nate,

You run run a class act business through and through. I have ordered 4-5 times last year and was extremely happy with all purchases and how professionally you handled the sales.

You did not owe this person anything and went out of your way to accomidate them and that you have to put up with that nonsense is exceptionally unfair to you!

You can file mail fraud charges against them, you have that right, they have done this many times in the past, one would think and they are scam artists basically.

Keep your core customers happy and keep growing daily and you do not need that type of customer to excel in your business.

My 2 cents

thank you for kind words.

this was just one of those moments that make you question your sanity....everyday is a new challenge and this one proved entertaining.

I have marked mail return to sender but it was always for mail with incorrect address or for people that no longer lived in one of my rentals. Never heard of returning parts that way and i would think if your going to do it that your prepared to pay the consequences if they catch onto it.

Honestly, dude you're trying too hard. These folks that expect you to bend over backwards for them are just looking to bend you over. If you are going to give stuff away, at least do it in the most painless way possible.

I have had absolutely "bar setting" performance with FordF150. He has driven 60 miles round trip to meet me to make my wood cutting day, the next day, successful. 5 Stars to F150.

Nate in my experience is a Stand Up Guy. I'll send him more biz because of this. Nate is my go to guy for all the Companies he represents. And I'll guarantee a buyers success with Nate. Good guys DO finish first in most cases, and especially in this case.
Is it time for lunch yet? Still nothing worth eating in newcomerstown but we are making slow progress on the new shop

point is you are best small engine shop i have ever used. what he done to you is wrong. you know there is some people out there the you cant make happy no matter how hard you try

OK, DD started to hit on it, you sent an envelope and expected to get it returned for free? Maybe I'm missing something here, but the way I read it, that is fraud. I could very well be wrong, something just doesn't pony up to the smell test though. Why would anyone expect free shipping back to them? I guess I'm confused? Whenever I have something sent return to sender I have always had to pay the return shipping to receive the item. Why is everyone bashing the customer? Please explain the transaction of mailing, I'm just not getting it. From what I read there was 2 mailing transactions, you shipped a bar tip to him, and he shipped a "different" bar tip "back" to you? Did you tell the customer to take it to the post office and put a return to sender label on there?

he opened the package, removed the bar tip i sold him, inserted his incorrect tip, wrote "return to sender" on the package and dropped it back off at the post office.

He's either 1) confused, 2) living in a Van down by the river, or 3) is one cheap SOB that doesn't believe in Win/Win :yes:

He sent a product to the customer with the expectation that the customer would separately send the other nose back to him. The customer instead of packaging up and mailing the other nose back to him put that nose into the same package he recieved the correct nose in and marked that package return to sender. Basically, the customer did not want to pay to ship the wrong nose he had ordered so instead committed mail fraud by putting it back into the packaging that he recieved the new nose in and then marked that package return to sender.

--Wintermute

OK, DD started to hit on it, you sent an envelope and expected to get it returned for free? Maybe I'm missing something here, but the way I read it, that is fraud. I could very well be wrong, something just doesn't pony up to the smell test though. Why would anyone expect free shipping back to them? I guess I'm confused? Whenever I have something sent return to sender I have always had to pay the return shipping to receive the item. Why is everyone bashing the customer? Please explain the transaction of mailing, I'm just not getting it. From what I read there was 2 mailing transactions, you shipped a bar tip to him, and he shipped a "different" bar tip "back" to you? Did you tell the customer to take it to the post office and put a return to sender label on there?
I had nothing to do with the return to sender. That was his doing to avoid paying shipping back to me for the tip he was returning.

And the tip he was returning was one that another shop(eBay seller) had sold him that was not the correct one. I was trying to be nice and give a credit on a part I did not originally sell so I was not going to be responsible for return shipping.

OK, then I apologize, the way it was stated, was the customer was told to do this return to sender trick? My dumbass assuming. So I am sorry. If that is the case then no, I wouldn’t want customers like that.
It's not exactly the easiest of stories to explain on here.

I made the mistake of just reading bits and pieces, my fault. When you just read the first, it is vague. But you have to understand I'm a *******...;)
I've sold on ebay for 15 years now and some people just wouldn't believe some of the crap, I can't imagine what you high volume sellers go thru.

DD is the high volume seller. He sells stihl parts and we all know how often they need repaired.

I sell very little on eBay, partly due to raising prices on eBay to cover the fees so my prices on there aren't that great.

Latest posts

Back