My new crack head ghetto saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it feels like a hot saw...and it looks like a hot saw...and it smells like a hot saw...then it's a hot saw.

Matt,
It's called "possession of stolen property". Even better, if you tried to sell it at some later point then you are "fencing".

it's up to you to perform "due diligence". (Buyer beware). Not saying that you will get thrown in jail but you may have to defend yourself and your ownership of the questioned property (and why you were in a "crack house" buying a chainsaw) to some law enforcement types.

Not taking sides here and I have bought many things on CL. Many times I hold my breath and hope for the best. It's a chance I am taking though. Many times when I respond to an ad I will ask for the serial Number in an email. Many times I do not here from them again.

Space how 'bout a hand here....

Greg, I seen that saw on CL, figured I would get then and find a piece of junk. Glad you got a good deal.

Lets just say I remember the time I went up on north Grant steet to look at buying a Crown Vic that was supposed to be real nice. When I got there it looked like somone had beat both sides with a ball bat and the owner thought that it was nice.

I drove through Gary twice today, it don't scare me too much :)

It does make me sad though to see what it has become.

Last edited:
Matt,
It's called "possession of stolen property". Even better, if you tried to sell it at some later point then you are "fencing".

it's up to you to perform "due diligence". (Buyer beware). Not saying that you will get thrown in jail but you may have to defend yourself and your ownership of the questioned property (and why you were in a "crack house" buying a chainsaw) to some law enforcement types.

Not taking sides here and I have bought many things on CL. Many times I hold my breath and hope for the best. It's a chance I am taking though. Many times when I respond to an ad I will ask for the serial Number in an email. Many times I do not here from them again.

Space how 'bout a hand here....

I don't give out serial or vin's especially to a random over email.
My friend got stooped for a out lite on his bike. He had it for a year an a 1/2.
They ran the vin's the bike got impounded and he got arrested.
He was the 3rd owner and somehow someone got the vin and used it on their bike and somehow it got wrapped up as being stolen.
It took 3 months for him to clear everything up his bike sat outside for 3 months... It was in tuff shape. He sold it for a 1/8 of what he got and had to buy a new one.

crack makes people do some unbelievable things, selling all their material things is one of the first things. they go downhill from there, if the seller got 300 in crack hes set for a awhile. i say good job,it would be a shame if it were stolen but sweet deals do happen too. i would think if it was stolen the owner (if he were serious about finding his saw) would be cruising e-bad had cl religiously along with pawn shops.

oh, didn't know that but makes seance. But you never get the # ran threw to see if it stolen.
When i get caught riding dirt bikes or quads on the street they always run the vins, doesn't work like that with saws.

Only way that might help is if you know who took it and they could check and see if it is yours.

Actually, it works that way with anything that has a serial number or an owner identifying mark. It can be entered stolen through the local police and when they run the VIN or serial number it shows as such.

I would contact the local PD and run the serial number through them. Who knows if these guys stole a bunch of equipment from a landscaper,arborist, or Stihl dealer who makes a living with that saw.

After re-reading the OP I have changed my mind

I think that guy in the "Crack House" may have bought it himself for intimidation purposes. Every drug dealer has seen Scarface.

Well I guess I'll do the right thing and call call the proper athorities and tell them I bought a stolen saw . While I am at it I'll tell'em two years ago I bought a 066redlight and a 34 super for $280 and prettty sure they were hot also(ya think).
Might as well throw in the BRAND spankin new ms660 I picked up last June for $500
I think there is just alot of sour grapes. I'd bet anyone on his site would buy a mint o la 660 for $300 bucks if givin the op
I won't lose any sleep buyin a hot saw.And pretty sure every time somebody post a great CL saw deal 50/50 it 's hot who knows I don't care
if i find a another CL saw deal I'm buying IT!!Flip it on flebay

Might want to print off a copy of the CL ad. I try to do that just to keep some sort of record of when, where, & how much I paid for a saw. I would also think it would be a good sign if the seller had the owner's manual & tool set with the saw when he sold it. Take the seller's pic with your camera phone while you are "sending" a fake text message. I worked at a place that would take your pic when you paid with a check and the store would staple the pic to their copy of the invoice. Really cut down on the number of bad checks they got.

You could always ask him what fuel/oil ratio he was running or how often did he grease the Rollomatic bar tip. :D

LOL, Gary is a :censored:hole. My dad always used to say that if the USA had a a:censored:shole it was Gary, Indiana:greenchainsaw:

Its not the ahole any more because no one even lives there anymore. Ghost town yes. Nice hot saw you got there the only problem with this is that the cycle continues. I guess you've never had your saws or tools stolen?

Good find, it could be legit. Otherwise you just rescued a great saw from the ghetto where it would be subject to sawing off rims off of cadies for the remander of its life, straight gas.

Last edited:
I won't lose any sleep buyin a hot saw.And pretty sure every time somebody post a great CL saw deal 50/50 it 's hot who knows I don't care if i find a another CL saw deal I'm buying IT!!Flip it on flebay
Well then, it's your lucky day and you made out! :clap:

With that attitude you might give the guy a call back and ask him if he's got anymore saws? I mean, since your in the market for stolen saws from your own words...:monkey:

Well I guess I'll do the right thing and call call the proper athorities and tell them I bought a stolen saw . While I am at it I'll tell'em two years ago I bought a 066redlight and a 34 super for $280 and prettty sure they were hot also(ya think).
Might as well throw in the BRAND spankin new ms660 I picked up last June for $500
I think there is just alot of sour grapes. I'd bet anyone on his site would buy a mint o la 660 for $300 bucks if givin the op
I won't lose any sleep buyin a hot saw.And pretty sure every time somebody post a great CL saw deal 50/50 it 's hot who knows I don't care
if i find a another CL saw deal I'm buying IT!!Flip it on flebay

Gregz,
Everyone's looking for a good deal, but as you point out, if the other guy finds the unbelievable deal, then it must be a stolen saw. I agree that this happens...and it does get old. No one here knows if the saw was stolen. But the picture you painted of the transaction sure planted seeds of doubt in our minds.

Last edited:
Well then, it's your lucky day and you made out! :clap:

With that attitude you might give the guy a call back and ask him if he's got anymore saws? I mean, since your in the market for stolen saws from your own words...:monkey:

So who is the ahole, the guy that stole it or bought it?

So who is the ahole, the guy that stole it or bought it?
I don't know I would characterize it like that, but it wasn't me posting a thread about my new crack head ghetto saw.

As I said up farther in the thread, maybe too much information? Greg didn't need to tell us that...I think he pretty much set himself up for the response in this thread...had he just said he got a new saw, there would have been no such speculation, IMO. This is what trying to be funny gets you! ;)

I don't know I would characterize it like that, but it wasn't me posting a thread about my new crack head ghetto saw.

As I said up farther in the thread, maybe too much information? Greg didn't need to tell us that...I think he pretty much set himself up for the response in this thread...had he just said he got a new saw, there would have been no such speculation, IMO. This is what trying to be funny gets you! ;)

I agree. I cant hait on him for getting a great deal. But I've had my tools stolen so I'm a bit jaided. :chainsaw:

I went and nabbed this ms660 off CL yesterday afternoon. I had to go up to scary gary indiana to get it.(Gary In. is one of the worst cities in the usa) Lets just say the dude I bought if from never ran a saw, cut a tree etc. I was at the ghetto dope house maybe 10 minutes and nice steady foot traffic of americas most wanted were in an out.

So, let me get this straight. A guy who's never ran a saw is selling you a high dollar professional saw for less than half of fair market value. Ever hear of theft by receiving? Were you aware that's criminal? At that price and with those details, you can't very well claim you thought it was a legitimate deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back