need advice

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 550xp is 10.8lbs (4.9kg) so it would be a little lighter.

359xp is 5.5kg

Both numbers are optimistic - true weight is 5.8-5.9 kg for the 359 and 5.0-5.1 for the 550xp.

The 357xp/359 weight specs are more off than usual for Husky, as they reinforced the case early in production, without adjusting the specs accordingly.

You might consider picking up something like a echo or shindaiwa if weight is the main concern due to back pain. A shindaiwa 352s would be a very good choice. Or an echo cs490. They're both very easy to start.
Warranties don't cut wood, so don't choose the wrong saw based on that.

I have both a 359 and a Jonsered 2252 (545 in red and black).

The 2252 is much easier to handle while limbing and cutting small stuff. My muffler modded Dolmar 421 is a good choice too. It gets more use than either of the fore mentioned saws. $325 new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You might consider picking up something like a echo or shindaiwa if weight is the main concern due to back pain. A shindaiwa 352s would be a very good choice. Or an echo cs490. They're both very easy to start.
even used Shindaiwa is hard to find here idk how is with parts for them

Well Husqvarna spun off from a company that makes vacuum cleaners!

Philbert

Husqvarna has made a lot of different stuff, starting as a Arms factory in 1689. It was part of Electrolux for some years (about 1978 - 2006), but now the Husqvarna OPE Group is on its own , owning a lot of other brands.

I wouldn't be surpriced if E-lux still owns a lot of the shares though, and E-lux still has the right to use the Husqvarna brand name on other stuff that OPE equipment (high end household stuff mainly).

The only Echo to consider is the cs500P, most orthers are duds in the power to weight department. Be aware that there are other cs500s, that isn't the same saw.

The only Echo to consider is the cs500P, most orthers are duds in the power to weight department. Be aware that there are other cs500s, that isn't the same saw.
What do you know about the 352s? I'm actually picking one up soon that's just cherry. It's looks really good on paper.

What do you know about the 352s? I'm actually picking one up soon that's just cherry. It's looks really good on paper.

Does those specs include the power output? Power to weight usually is the weakest point with Echo saws - but the merger (or whatever it was) with Shindaiwa seems to have helped, on some of the newest models....

I have no specific knowledge of that saw, and made no specific comment about it - but it is too small to be relevant in this thread anyway, judged by the model number.

Does those specs include the power output? Power to weight usually is the weakest point with Echo saws - but the merger (or whatever it was) with Shindaiwa seems to have helped, on some of the newest models....

I have no specific knowledge of that saw, and made no specific comment about it - but it is too small to be relevant in this thread anyway, judged by the model number.

I think the rpm said 13,500.
The power output is 2.00kw/2.8 h.p.
I bet that thing rips. I'll find out soon when I get mine.

I think the rpm said 13,500.
The power output is 2.00kw/2.8 h.p.
I bet that thing rips. I'll find out soon when I get mine.

2.00 kW can't be 2.8 hp - it just isn't possible, with any kind of hp - but is still os fine if the saw just are 35cc.

I wonder where you found those specs though, as after a bit of searching I found the real specs. They are:

34.1 cc
Max rpm 12,500
1.78 hp
8.8 lbs/4.0 kg

- which is much more in line with how most Echo saws are.

Latest posts

Back