Need my first saw- a keeper

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope. Echos are likely tuned lean from the factory. Dealer set-up takes care of that. I would NOT advocate buying one from HD, nor a Husky from Lowe's. Dealer support--as with any saw purchase--is a huge part of the equation.

We do not know, but I would argue that for his intended purposes, they are unnecessary. My saw is bone stock, correctly tuned, and with a full chisel chain does absolutely everything a landowner could want. Brad checked it at the NW Indiana GTG and was impressed with how strong it ran in stock form. I--and I imagine the OP--don't need it to cut any faster.

My 590 was turned fine out of the box. A bit of information for you guys. You can seat the H speed needle, and the carb will still supply enough fuel to the saw, to keep it from burning up, as the carb has a bypass setup.

Lets face it if the emissions limits are tightened much more on this type of equipment small businesses that require them and large industries would suffer.
I don't think so. It turns out to have been pretty trivial to meet these limits. Just tweak the timing and stuff a cat on the high volume saws, and you can sell the larger ones with without the cat thanks to averaging/credits. Even the Chinese can do it (and are). In the mean time the technology to do more has been developed.

You're clueless.
You must run saws for a living. Weekend warrior work and full time tree service work are two different things. Show me a video where stock for stock a 590 whips a 555 and I'll believe you.
Again, as I said they make a fine saw. But there is a reason they are not being used by people who make there living running saws.

I bought a saw- an Echo 600P. Guys told me it was more than I need at the moment, and should be able to meet my needs in the future. 59.8cc, came with a 24" bar, will take up to a 27" bar, but I may get a 20" bar & chain so I am not cutting a 14-16" tree with 24", unless you guys think that's fine to do? My thoughts are that a 20" might be more suited to my usual needs, but I will also have this 24" setup for when I need it, and that it would be safer to cut with as little extra saw as needed. Is my logic correct?

Solid saw. I have a 20" & 27" set up for mine. Make sure you run good fuel and red armor or echo oil and keep that warranty in check but you will be very happy. I dont want you to look up muffler mods and re tuning but those wouk make your new saw even better after a few tanks. check out this thread for any echo questions/concerns etc. Welcome to the site and the addiction. :) :sweet:

http://www.arboristsite.com/communi...620pw-information.278407/page-42#post-5463984

Yeah, make me rev my Harley- G-d I hate doing that. Not. I'll get that up real soon. First I have to figure out how to roll the throttle on the bike and pull the trigger at the same time.

For sh-ts and giggles ...

I would like the video, but its upside down... and more importantly I dont hear any engines screaming for their lives lol but really enjoy them both, good saw choice!

Back