New 50cc saw with heated handles

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't really care that much about minor weight differences......

I will remember you said that. :biggrinbounce2:

Just for the record, what is the weight difference between heated and unheated saws in the models we're talking about?

At the start of this thread I just bought a 2156c but really wanted a 2156cwh model.
Well sold the 2156c and bought this saw.

DSC_0008.jpg

But I'm still trying to figure out if # 504 7064 01C is also a noncat muffler? I'd like to put it on this saw.

DSC_0036.jpg

Both a 2156 and a 2159? Must be a raging case of CAD! :msp_biggrin:

Seriously though, if you don't mind, what are the differences as being only 3cc apart in the same line-up I would think that they're almost identical.

Seriously though, if you don't mind, what are the differences as being only 3cc apart in the same line-up I would think that they're almost identical.

The 2156 surely should have better performance, at least stock.

The C part of the saw, the muffler has been replaced by #503 9175 04.

But I'm still trying to figure out if # 504 7064 01C is also a noncat muffler? I'd like to put it on this saw.

DSC_0036.jpg

I assumed it was, that's why I said you need a new decale! :msp_wink:

With my 357 and 359 the 357 is faster, just spools up quick. The 359 has a little more grunt. For bucking up firewood logs or cutting in hot weather I like the 359. I bought it cheep, hardly used off CL.

The Jonsereds are still new.

Years ago I wore regular brown jerzees under some stihl branded chainsaw mittens and they were the best thing I ever had for cold weather work. My hands actually got too hot in them, but I don't know if they are still available to buy or not.

time to buy

Well it's getting cold again and I still don't have my heated handle saw. Seems the only choices in a 50cc pro saw are the 346xpg or 550xpg. New 346's seem to be nearing NLA. Anyone seen any 550xpg's? pricing? I'll check with the local dealer but they just picked up Husqvarna and they also are known as a slightly shady car dealer so I'd prefer to purchase elsewhere, anybody here that can help me with that?

With my 357 and 359 the 357 is faster, just spools up quick. The 359 has a little more grunt. For bucking up firewood logs or cutting in hot weather I like the 359. I bought it cheep, hardly used off CL.

The Jonsereds are still new.

I have seen such statements a few times, but suspect it has to do with a lesser difference between max hp (or about that) rpm, and lower ones. The dyno tests I have seen have showed the 357 having more torque than the 359 all the way, but the difference surely is much smaller at max torque than at max hp.

As you surely know, I have no personal experience with those saws (except a brief one with a 359) - so this is just observations based on KWF and DLG dyno tests. Btw, I didn't like that 359, compared to my MS361)...

Well it's getting cold again and I still don't have my heated handle saw. Seems the only choices in a 50cc pro saw are the 346xpg or 550xpg. New 346's seem to be nearing NLA. Anyone seen any 550xpg's? pricing? I'll check with the local dealer but they just picked up Husqvarna and they also are known as a slightly shady car dealer so I'd prefer to purchase elsewhere, anybody here that can help me with that?

All the 550s I have seen around here the last years has been xpgs, so it surely isn't that they don't make them yet.....;)

It was the same way with the 346 btw.

All the 550s I have seen around here the last years has been xpgs, so it surely isn't that they don't make them yet.....;)

It was the same way with the 346 btw.

I'm in Minnesota and it gets plenty cold.. My hands don't like working below about 20-25F so the heated grips would be a lifesaver... but for some reason heated grip saws are about as rare as hens teeth around here. Gloves don't seem to matter much - tried a bunch of different ones. Sucks getting old...

Latest posts

Back