New 50cc saw with heated handles

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doesn't that add a lot of excess weight???:msp_wink:

Mike

I don't care about minor weight differenses like that, even though it is easy to get that impression - and actually never weighted a single saw. :D

Also, heated handles is an absolute must for me, unless it is a saw that can rest in peace when it is cold and/or wet. ;)

Well it's getting cold again and I still don't have my heated handle saw. Seems the only choices in a 50cc pro saw are the 346xpg or 550xpg. New 346's seem to be nearing NLA. Anyone seen any 550xpg's? pricing? I'll check with the local dealer but they just picked up Husqvarna and they also are known as a slightly shady car dealer so I'd prefer to purchase elsewhere, anybody here that can help me with that?

Ther is one on ebay now...550 xpg for $110 more than the model number!

I will remember you said that. :biggrinbounce2:

Just for the record, what is the weight difference between heated and unheated saws in the models we're talking about?

Usually .2 lbs on the Huskys and Jonsereds (specs), but hard to say exactly, as we are dealing with rounded off numbers.

Hey do they work?

The heated grip/handle on a chainsaw, how does it work?
Does the "artic package" include heated carb also?
Please don't reference the "search" function,,I get lost and/or side lined in there,,,:msp_confused:
......most times for hours and hours,,,

I do believe that is a 346xpg you're referring to. Checked both current and completed listings and no go.

Not sure i can link to it...check the us ebay:msp_smile:

Can I link to it anyone? Not my store nor am I affiliated with them if that matters.

What?! You're kidding, right? That generator weighs a lot more than a many of the thing you comment about almost daily, lol.

I see your point, but you are wrong - see post above. ;)

I'm usually just having fun with much of the "weight game", and all the far from true numbers that are floating around, but some differences are serious and worth noting.

Also, I just need the heated handles, but luckily they add about the same (small) amount of weight on saws in roughly the same class.

Btw, some Stihl models have never been offered without the heating here, like the MS460, MS441(CM) and MS660 (except the Logosol version of the 660).

Anyone know what 550xpg retail price (US$) is? No pricing on Husqvarna's official site.

The price difference compared to the xp is minor here (and most are sold with it), but I suspect it is a bit different in the US. Anyway, the premium for the heating is less on the Orange and Red Huskys, than it is on the Stihls and Dolmars, also in the US (and they are much easier to get, I believe). :msp_smile:

In Canada the 550XP retails for $699.99 and the 550XPG is $779.99 retail.
346XP $779.99, and 346XPG $849.99.

That is a larger difference than here, but then your basic prices are much lower. Interesting that the 550xp is less than the 346xp, they were pretty much the same here, when both still were around. I'm thinking you may have some "intro" pricing going on with the 550, and it will change in a while?

That is a larger difference than here, but then your basic prices are much lower. Interesting that the 550xp is less than the 346xp, they were pretty much the same here, when both still were around. I'm thinking you may have some "intro" pricing going on with the 550, and it will change in a while?

Will have to wait and see what 2014 brings. Margins are identical throuout the line up for 2013.

I was told last week that the 550XPG would not be available until late January here in Nova Scotia.

I was told last week that the 550XPG would not be available until late January here in Nova Scotia.

The 550 of any sort unless going to government or goverment related agencies/what ever you want to call it mainly utility companies/natural resources and defence wont be shipping till after 01 January 2013.

Latest posts

Back