New 50cc saw with heated handles

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yea, but you guys get free healthcare ? hehehe

or should i say eheheh ?

You're old enough not to still believe in the tooth fairy, right?

Then you already know there is no such thing as "free" when it comes to anything government provided.

I am considering adding an 50cc saw with heated handles for this winters cutting, my hands just don't take the cold weather like they use to. I already have 5100s, and a 346xp and both have been great saws.. The new dolmar 5105 doesn't seem to have a price advantange anymore, a 346xpg is probably a no brainer, but I did just receive that $50 off check (coupon?) from stihl. So does Stihl even make the 261 in a heated handle version? list price? I don't find any heated handle option on the stihl USA website..

I called several U.S. distributors, and Virginia Beach directly looking for the MS 261 C-M VW (arctic). Emphatically NO!!! One call to a canadian dealer, and the saw was on its way...

...yes the cost is more than the Husqy 550XPG...

I called several U.S. distributors, and Virginia Beach directly looking for the MS 261 C-M VW (arctic). Emphatically NO!!! One call to a canadian dealer, and the saw was on its way...

...yes the cost is more than the Husqy 550XPG...

The Stihl costs less here than the 550xpg, but it doesn't really help....

I was told last week that the 550XPG would not be available until late January here in Nova Scotia.

Sounds odd to me, from where I am - as the heated versions usually are the first to turn up here.

I suspect it is about what the majority of the different markets want.

Last edited:
Back