New Rayco RG 90...I saw one in action today

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dura disc

hi can you plunge cut the stump i e cut from the top front down thro ugh it when room is tight ie council paths and no damage to pavement with services around

Curbside,

What machine are you running it on?? What horsepower?? Where did you get it? Cost in US $$$$.

I've heard a lot about it not throwing the chips near as bad. If this is true it would be worth it to me.

I have demoed the Rayco RG90 the vermeer sc60tx and carlton 7015 with the sandvic wheel all within the past week on similar trees. Here is the absolute truth the vermeer was the slowest grinding followed by the Rg90. I can easily say without a doubt the carlton and sandvic wheel will absolutely outgrind these machines 3:1. I'm not here for argument sakes it's a fact and if you don't believe me go out and demo one and you will see the incredible difference. This demonstration lead me to the purchase of a new 7015trx. This machine is a stumps worst nightmare taking 5+" bites in hardwood is no exaggeration. This machine is the total package and the wheel rocks.

Dozerdogue

Did the Vermeer or the Rayco have the Sandvic Disk on it? Or were you comparing their regular teeth to the Carlton with the Sandvic. If that was the case any machine equipped with that disk will rock.

Dozerdogue

Did the Vermeer or the Rayco have the Sandvic Disk on it? Or were you comparing their regular teeth to the Carlton with the Sandvic. If that was the case any machine equipped with that disk will rock.

The rayco had the super tooth set up but according to rayco they they tried them and were not impressed by the sandvic wheel. So I decided to call New River equipment corp out of Ohio where they manufacture these wheels. I spoke to a gentleman and he said "rayco did indeed try one of the wheels but they apparently gave the wrong specs for the machine and it more or less pounded the stump rather then grind it". Since then no one has yet to purchase one for their rayco because of the badmouthing. I will say this if the rayco did have the sandvic wheel for their machine I'm sure it would be awesome. According to sandvic they will be starting production of rayco cutter wheels with the proper specs and make them available after the 1st of the year and pursue the market. he said "their are people out there with vermeer units equipped with this wheeel and they love it". I myself felt I could find a better way to spend the 15k difference in price between the carlton 7015 with tracks and rayco rg90 with tires. To me the proof was in the pudding never using a carlton with a remote control I ground an almost 6 foot by 6" high oak stump in 15-20 minutes. This is coming from a total noob who has only used a stump grinder a handful of times.

I heard Rayco voids your warranty if you run teeth other than their Superteeth. Seems like a ploy to tie you into their replacements.

The Supertooth looks to have the EXACT same piece of carbide as my Pro Series but the teeth cost twice as much. Maybe they should give the machine away and make their money on teeth - like my HP photo printer:biggrinbounce2:

Vermeer tells me they have a new Yellowjacket tooth coming???? Sales guy didn't know anything else except "it is awesome!" How can you say that if you don't know anything else about it??

Back