New Rayco RG 90...I saw one in action today

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i like the fact that there are options....i would like to see it demo'ed...i might enquire and see if it is available over here.....wonder how the cost compare...? (60hp....i would love for that sort of Hp to be added to the fleet.....a year or two away i think)

well Liston, i shall indeed watch that space, will they be fitting to Uk spec machines?.....looks like the world of stump grinding is getting a little bit more interesting.....
To all you stumpers out here..do you have any trouble getting 1/2 inch usa size hex sockets to fit pocket allen key type bolt heads? i have a had a bit of a job....what tool do you use to tighten the pocket bolts?....

I would have thought that the machine seller supplying the tool would be the sensible option!! not sure that is the case in the UK...i am surprised that after spending £16,000 you have to search for a tool to change teeth....but perhaps thats just me..... I now have a source for hi impact 1/2 inch hex sockets if anyone in the Uk needs one!!

Liston said:
Watch this space a NEW Sandvik cutter wheel has been tryed and tested and will be fitted to all Carltons soon .

Well it's about time Carlton used something better than them silly 1/4'' finger teeth, I mean there ok on small cheap machines, but big expensive machines deserved something a whole lot better IMO... :p

stumpy66 said:
I would have thought that the machine seller supplying the tool would be the sensible option!! not sure that is the case in the UK...i am surprised that after spending £16,000 you have to search for a tool to change teeth....but perhaps thats just me..... I now have a source for hi impact 1/2 inch hex sockets if anyone in the Uk needs one!!

any snap on dealer sells them or Mac tools Liston sell them also thats where i got mine

1/2 socket

1/2 hex 1/2 drive socket. Give me a call and I,ll send one in the post. :)

stumpy66 said:

All new Carltons come with tools to change and guage the teeth :p

Nice one Liston...good karabena's at the shows too, the compass is a nice touch....The Carton was a good second choice....i would still like a demo...just out of interest....not sure the supply of a tool would swing it for me but its the little things that count.... Long live competition!!

I buy 1/2 hex wrench, cut it in many sections and use a 1/2 socket. That way i get many new tools out of 1. New hex tools keep your bolts from becoming sloppy and worn as soon as using an older hex with worn sides.

multi tip cutter wheel

thanks for feed back on multi tip will have to try my self on sc252, spoken to contractors who use the new version , and it works , so will keep you posted ,was going to fit sandvic dura disc but aprently you cant plundge cut no good for street work .

multi tip

multi tip wheel and teeth arived today not flimsy at all ,thats rubbish , cutter wheel 1 inch teeth sit in slot with taper tight and snug just need to fit and try it out ,will keep posted

Don't flatter yourself so much. The Hydrostat is eating up a lot of the horsepower the RG90 starts with. Even on Rayco's own literature they tell you their belt drive units cut faster than the Hydrostats.

Watch the Bandit Hydrostat cut on their website. 140HP on it and my old 672 Vermeer would smoke it!!!:rock: :rock:

multi tip

fitted multi tip wheel and teeth it took 3 hours , ran it at slow speed to start better balance at low and high speed than normal wheel hope it cuts with out bearing and belt failure very well made fitted perfect:chainsaw:

multi tip

used multi tip wheel and teeth on vemeer 252 , realy cuts well very fast 24 inch monkey puzzle stump, not the hardest of stumps,but cut very fast lots of stones and flint no wear on teeth at all , normaly change a few pro teeth very aggresive gentle on controls but soon get the hang of it wont be going back, its to fast,:bang: the rubbish i was told about it

i use multi tip and its ok.....i have the mark 1 version and got stitched by the company.....my own fault for trusting patrick watts...that the problem with multi tip...the owners....

multi tip

yes i have read a bit about the company and machines , but this newer version of multi tip really works well it does cut very fast

Back