new saw needed....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I buyed an 346xp,year 2012,waiting to come.Tried to get some more power,as very disappointed with the 240 e.I have a question-as i am very satisfied with my old Mercedes car,trying to reach also the Mercedes of chainsaws.Aswers are welcome,as always willing to learn,even at 51y.o
That's a legendary saw. One of the best ever made by anyone. Light, powerful, and as reliable as the day is long. I love mine, and I think you'll love yours too.

Updating news.The 346xp came,ugly and dirty but working.Meanwhile one of the Bosch Ake 40 pro died,no oil coming.So i buyed another electric one,the 321EL,a beast.The 240E is leaving,it will be replaced by an 242xp,or similar.Tomorow,i will drive 100km for buying some Husqy parts and tools from a dealer.Meanwhile the plum liquor is getting ready..:cheers:Here is very hot weather,the beer is still on the vibe...Greetings from Olt county,Romania....

Here we are again.The 346xp is in use,allways ready.But,i buyed also an old 262xp,and an 254 xpg.Both are very used,but the price was very low.I have a question-I am having 10 chains type Bosch F016800240,i think to use them with the 262 and 254.What bar i must buy?

Here we are again.The 346xp is in use,allways ready.But,i buyed also an old 262xp,and an 254 xpg.Both are very used,but the price was very low.I have a question-I am having 10 chains type Bosch F016800240,i think to use them with the 262 and 254.What bar i must buy?
You need a K095 bar, also known as Husqvarna small mount.
But you need to make sure the bar and the chain are the same,
for example a .325 by .050 chain will require a K095 bar with .325 by .050
specification,
a .325 by 0.58 chain will require a K095 bar with .325 by .058 specifications.

You could also have a 3/8 by .050 chain, this will require a
3/8 by .050 K095 spec bar,
or a 3/8 by .058 chain which will require a K095 bar with 3/8 by .058 spec bar.

You first need to know what drive rim or sprocket is on your chainsaws, then
match that up with a chain that suits the drive, then get a bar that suits the chain
with the K095 mount, this information can be gained by using the oregon bar finder here, https://www.oregonproducts.com/en/part-finder and type in the saw, the saw model, the pitch and gauge you require.

I googled your chain, it appears to be,

Features 40cm length, 1.3mm gauge, 3/8" chain pitch, and is manufactured by OregonI suspect this is LoPro 3/8 as I doubt Bosch make a large saw that uses full size 3/8 chain.
Do you know if it is full size 3/8 chain, or the smaller cutter type 3/8 chain.
If it is the standard 3/8 chain then this bar will fit your chain, I don't think your chain is standard though, but the bar below is for standard 3/8 chain,
160RNDK095 , its a 16 inch Oregon Powercut bar, it takes 60 drive links, so count your drive links on the chain you have, it you have 60 and your chain is 3/8 standard, then the above bar will work on your saw, here is a link to the bar,
https://www.oregonproducts.com/en/powercutâ„¢-guide-bar,-16"/p/160rndk095BUT your saws also have to be using a Standard 3/8 drive rim or sprocket if no rim is used, there will be writing on the drive rim stating what it is, and also on the drive sprocket if no rim is being used.

Thank you for your answer.You are right-first i must open the clutch and check what drive rim is there,after this i must put a 3/8 rim there,if i find 325.

Latest posts

Back