New Solo 681 / Vids & Pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have a 681 as one of our shop saws, It is one of my favorites saws of all time, this thing has been used and abused and it keeps on rockin. I don't know how many hours are on it but it still runs like new, and still pulls about 175lbs. comp. Our problem is the dealers in our area don't carry them because there is not a big enough profit margin (so they say) All I can tell you is you are going to LOVE this saw.:chainsaw:

Does that have the tensioner in the clutch cover? I thought someone said Solos had them case mounted vs. cover mounted like the Dolmar, but maybe I'm wrong. It's kind of neat how the mag and the plastic are two different colors- makes it easy to see what's what.

No I haven't. It's quite nose heavy with this 28" bar on it, so it's not all that heavy. I need another Oregon Reduced Weight bar, lol.

I agree Brad with a 28 inch bar, you want a reduced weight bar. They are about level with a 24 inch. Comparing to the 7900. I have a 32 inch lightweight and it feels extremely light, and a nice balance. Dave.

Well blsneling I expect to see a sales jump for the 681 in the next few weeks. Because if you recomend it, that means a lot! That's great news for a small company like Solo!

I sure am happy with my 644 but the cash just ain't here for something bigger.

Must control urge to buy saw... :drool:

Seriously, I've been looking at those Solo's on Baileys for a while. Just no cash right now...

Thanks for the review video and pictures... :cheers:

Back