New Solo 681 / Vids & Pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Solo's are a nice saw, you'll definaltly get your monies worth. The clutch adjustment is in the case unlike the Dolmar... I personally like the case mounted tensioner. So Brad is it going to be a 7900 eater:)

According to the Baileys site it won't fit the 681, but I suppose that doesn't mean it couldn't be made to ??

I worded my post wrong Rick. All accounts are that they won't fit and I sort of wrote it sounding like I meant the opposite :(

honestly that kit doesn't improve airflow much if any. it was designed to give the filter longer service intervals

It does improve performance which I believe is from increased airflow and I'm not the only one on this site to notice a performance improvemnet after fitting this kit.

Not according to actual field testing done by MCW in AU. He reported a noticeable gain when putting one on his stock 7900.

Yep :) Good kit. The Solo filter does look better than the stock 7900 though. This will be a good thread but no matter what you say Brad, you have really bought a Dolmar 7900 in my mind ;) If the 681 wasn't an option you'd have been in a real dilemma!

I'm confused, is that Solo a Dolmar or a totally different animal. Oh by the way it looks like an awesome saw.

Matt

I don't know Andy from Adam, but over the last eighteen months or so I've read him here and on RS he's been a straight shooter and appears to know what is good and quick, as one would that uses saws for work and racing.

Listen to him fella's, and this coming from a blue Dolmar owner.

Thank's for the vote of confidence. But don't get me wrong, the 7900 is a fine saw. As a matter of fact I just ordered 2 7900's this morning, full wrap's, and HD filter's. I love my 681 but this will make me have 4 7900's.

Andy

mnbghuhgvczasdfghjkl;qwweedddmmbgssssssssk,zbbbb:givebeer::jawdrop::greenchainsaw::greenchainsaw::cheers::agree2::monkey:nbbnbbbbbbbnhhjkgty666ttttttttggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

edit: My 4 year old boy really wanted to reply to a message so I figured what the hey it's only one of Brads threads...LOL Oh yeah he wants me to tel ya all about the Duke Boys... yeeeeeehawwww :cheers:

mnbghuhgvczasdfghjkl;qwweedddmmbgssssssssk,zbbbb:givebeer::jawdrop::greenchainsaw::greenchainsaw::cheers::agree2::monkey:nbbnbbbbbbbnhhjkgty666ttttttttggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

edit: My 4 year old boy really wanted to reply to a message so I figured what the hey it's only one of Brads threads...LOL Oh yeah he wants me to tel ya all about the Duke Boys... yeeeeeehawwww :cheers:

gotta love them pain killers bro.!!!

Hey, Ginks son, I like your post. How's Daddy feeling? Is Mommy letting him play with the saws yet?:)

Hey, Ginks son, I like your post. How's Daddy feeling? Is Mommy letting him play with the saws yet?:)

Daddy feels much better now I'm home in my own bed...sorta... Ya know I've been thinking about making a trip out to the barn to look at those saws I bought last Thursday and take some pics....Hmmm maybe I'll sneak out tonight and do that:cheers:

Latest posts

Back