New Solo 681 / Vids & Pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I knew about Brad getting a 681 for the last couple weeks. He priced one from me but I couldn't touch baileys pricing on the 681 especially after the free shipping. But Bailey's is probably selling more 681's than all the US dealers combined.

Steve

I enjoy dealing with you guys as well. You've always been more than fair with me.

You guys are right. I over reacted and ask for Joats forgiveness. I'll answer the question straight up. There is no formal relationship between me and Baileys. I've reviewed numerous products for them and they've been mine to keep. I consider than an honor and try to pay that back with fair reviews. Gregg's always been kind to send lots of good stuff for GTGs. Everyone benefits from that.

I know I'll probably catch a little flack from deleting my post, but that's OK. You guys were right, and it was out of line. I simply over reacted due to a few other situations in the last week or two.

Tant no biggie Brad. That one post gave off an impression of the ole "I'll scratch your back, you scratch mine".

Now tell me your opinion on the color scheme on that saw? Someone at Solo should get a foot in his butt for that, all the older red ones look pretty good. Be as it may when it comes to sales looks do matter. I hate the grey cover on my 346 with a passion, its ugly. Thank goodness Stihl makes a beautiful chainsaw, yup I said it and by Joe its the truth, oh well...

Are you guys kidding me? Look how much effort Joat put into post 82. He went through every one of Brad's replies, and then commented on each. You can't tell me Joat didn't have a specific motive in mind when he posted. It is all the same stuff over and over again. Brad shares info/video/pics all the time and there is always someone that wants to make themselves look better by trying to discredit him. Don't tell me any different, it that wasn't your intention you wouldn't have posted.

Could be. I don't know. I just don't want to go around like a cry baby everytime someone steps on my toes.

Tant no biggie Brad. That one post gave off an impression of the ole "I'll scratch your back, you scratch mine".

Now tell me your opinion on the color scheme on that saw? Someone at Solo should get a foot in his butt for that, all the older red ones look pretty good. Be as it may when it comes to sales looks do matter. I hate the grey cover on my 346 with a passion, its ugly. Thank goodness Stihl makes a beautiful chainsaw, yup I said it and by Joe its the truth, oh well...

Actually, I love the color scheme. I think this is a way better looking saw than the 7900 and that much more again than the 7901. I'm with you though on the 346. Mine now wears an orange cover. No, you can't hardly go wrong with the good old orange and white! Yeah, that's kind of fickle worrying about the colors of your saw. But that's OK. I'm just a superficial kind of person like that, lol:)

Is that a primer bulb on there...................like on a girls saw?????LOL

My saw's got bigger nuts than your saw:greenchainsaw:

702615310_pnd2s-M.jpg

You sissie 7900 has little nuts like those all orange saws!

For those that asked about the chain tensioner, it is in the case.

702615221_b5Wzg-M.jpg

My saw's got bigger nuts than your saw:greenchainsaw:

702615310_pnd2s-M.jpg

You sissie 7900 has little nuts like those all orange saws!

For those that asked about the chain tensioner, it is in the case.

702615221_b5Wzg-M.jpg

The one I sold today I had to take those odd sized nuts off and install the 13mm style. The other thing that bugs me about this saw is the T25 Torx screws. Everybody has (Dolmar & Stihl has for a long time) or is starting to switch to these.

Steve

99% of the people here enjoy your threads Brad, I'm one of them. Do yourself a favor and ignore the few pot stirrers, you know the ones, the ones that don't contribute anything but garbage.

Even if Brad's back is getting scratched, who cares? I sure as hell don't, I say good on him, if he gets a few rewards for the hard work he does.

Actually, I love the color scheme. I think this is a way better looking saw than the 7900 and that much more again than the 7901. I'm with you though on the 346. Mine now wears an orange cover. No, you can't hardly go wrong with the good old orange and white! Yeah, that's kind of fickle worrying about the colors of your saw. But that's OK. I'm just a superficial kind of person like that, lol:)

Well you and me will agree to disagree on the colors. I think the 7900 is much better looking but I'm into sales, I know how people think when they are looking. I could sit that 681 between a 441 and 460 and it would sit there forever collecting dust no matter how good it is. Looks pay a much bigger roll than most realize. Course now I know us saw buffs could care less but the companies should. Not enuff of us saw buffs out there to support a saw company. Get me the Solo man on the phone, dayumm his hide, he should know better, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr,LOL

I say clear the air and prove that ole Joat wrong. Surely there are some things about that 681 you don't like at first glance? I sure noticed something about it right away and I would never own it, tant no way, that thing is uglier than that gal I woke up with the next morning after boozing all nite,LOL

Thall,
Are you entering a beauty contest, or cuttin' wood? ;) :laugh:

Andy

Thall,
Are you entering a beauty contest, or cuttin' wood? ;) :laugh:

Andy

I'm selling baby, that thing reminds me of the ole wood grain station wagons, don't see em anymore do ya, get me the Solo man on the phone,LOL

The vid showed its a good runner for sure. I don't think a 7900 will outcut that saw but I bet the 7900 will outsell it 100 to 1..

I'm selling baby, that thing reminds me of the ole wood grain station wagons, don't see em anymore do ya, get me the Solo man on the phone,LOL

The vid showed its a good runner for sure. I don't think a 7900 will outcut that saw but I bet the 7900 will outsell it 100 to 1..

Hahaha. You've got a point there. I've been selling a few used saw's lately, and they've all been Stihl, and Husky's. I'll just keep runnin' the ugly ones if the purdy ones are what sells. I can't afford to run a pretty saw. :laugh:
Oh, and by the way. My mom still has one of those wood grain station wagons.

Andy

Hahaha. You've got a point there. I've been selling a few used saw's lately, and they've all been Stihl, and Husky's. I'll just keep runnin' the ugly ones if the purdy ones are what sells. I can't afford to run a pretty saw. :laugh:
Oh, and by the way. My mom still has one of those wood grain station wagons.

Andy

I'm inspired by people who still drive the old cars daily. There's a woman here who drives a '65 Falcon and a guy who drives a '66 Ambassador wagon- both original owners. Seeing them gives me the feeling that everything will be ok.

Hmmmmm....interesting thread the guy that promotes hair goo is the guy emphasizing style and looks to sales figures.

I was impressed with the 7900 I modded for MCW.

Not as impressed as I am Brad!

But seriously though, I know I live 1000's of miles away in a different country but nothing I have seen on AS has made me think you deserve the flak you get.
It seems that everytime you start a thread lately someone has to come in and attack or question you when I don't feel it is deserved (maybe you break into their sheds after hours and steal all their saws?).

I have started quite a few threads involving 7900's as I believe they are an excellent saw and as good as any other pro saw on the market. Maybe because I have said you did excellent work with top class, friendly service I should also be accused of "you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours". After all, you've been giving me "kickbacks" by not putting any mark up on some of the gear you've sent me that I've asked you to order.

If kickbacks are the way things work then I want something from Dolmar for giving the Dolmar HD filter setup a good plug!!! Not...
I do it because I like chainsaws just like you.

Latest posts

Back