New Solo 681 / Vids & Pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Otherwise, these seem to be the saws to get if you aren't worried about parts. You can order online though.
Karl (my logger buddy) said he's been ordering parts using a toll free number 800-296-7656 with no hassles
I really like the looks of that saw except for the primer bulb. I hate those things!
Karl (he's been logging for 30 years now, started when he was a teenager with his dad) likes the primer, he says he doesn't have to yank the starter half as much as the 2171's.:)

I'm a little worried about solo...they seem to be losing market share and haven't really remained at all competitive in the backpack blower/strimmer market.

I've got a ported 681, and they are one heck of a saw. Actually more saw than most will ever need, but that seems to have nothing to do with what we own. ;)
Romeo & I did a side by side comparison between a stock (broke in) 7900, and the brand new stock 681 (actually it's very first cuts), same bar & chain in (if I remember right) a 21" log. The Solo out cut the Dolmar by almost a second a cut pretty consistantly. That's not that big a deal when you're out in the woods bucking logs, but it is braggin' rights.

If Solo were to go belly up, it wouldn't be because they don't have one of the best saws on the market today.

Andy

We have had a local dealer stop carrying solo here lately. I needed parts for my backpack sprayer and had to order them.... used to get them parts off the shelf. WDO

If Solo were to go belly up, it wouldn't be because they don't have one of the best saws on the market today.

Andy

Unfortunately, if I've learned one thing about saw sales from this site, it's been that a saw doesnt have to be a superstar to sell well. Instead, it seems often to be the contrary. Especially in the case of the ms 290.

I've got a ported 681, and they are one heck of a saw. Actually more saw than most will ever need, but that seems to have nothing to do with what we own. ;)
Romeo & I did a side by side comparison between a stock (broke in) 7900, and the brand new stock 681 (actually it's very first cuts), same bar & chain in (if I remember right) a 21" log. The Solo out cut the Dolmar by almost a second a cut pretty consistantly. That's not that big a deal when you're out in the woods bucking logs, but it is braggin' rights.

Andy

I don't know Andy from Adam, but over the last eighteen months or so I've read him here and on RS he's been a straight shooter and appears to know what is good and quick, as one would that uses saws for work and racing.

Listen to him fella's, and this coming from a blue Dolmar owner.

Good stuff Brad. If I knew the Dolmar HD kit would have fitted the 681 I'd have got you to mod one for me more than likely.
They look like a nice saw and I'll keep my beady eyes on this thread for sure ;)

I don't know Andy from Adam, but over the last eighteen months or so I've read him here and on RS he's been a straight shooter and appears to know what is good and quick, as one would that uses saws for work and racing.

Listen to him fella's, and this coming from a blue Dolmar owner.

yep +1 for what Rick said on Andy :clap:

Serg

Good stuff Brad. If I knew the Dolmar HD kit would have fitted the 681 I'd have got you to mod one for me more than likely.
They look like a nice saw and I'll keep my beady eyes on this thread for sure ;)

According to the Baileys site it won't fit the 681, but I suppose that doesn't mean it couldn't be made to ??

Latest posts

Back