NOS 268XP.........Well Sort Of

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It sorta bugs me because Steven thought he had bought a NOS saw, and this saw was built by someone then passed off as NOS.

What a POS! I paid serious coin for the 3 saws in that package deal, and he wouldnt negotiate any. I reviewed the PM's we had on FHC and yes, it was sold to me as a Nos 268xp.

Wow nice looking saw. My 268 I'm gonna build isn't gonna look half that nice!!

Sorry to hear the deal wasn't what it was suppose to be though. That's unfortunate that someone would deceive someone like that for top dollar

He screwed me on 4 saws..... 2 deals, before it all came to light and he disappeared from FHC.

So it was KRL?

I couldn't remember.

That might explain his disappearance. I thought it was just because I called him out on the other stuff. I'd say he knew that this would come out sooner or later.

Either way, the saw is very nice, just the new parts are worth serious coin.

I'd be happy to donate my 268 closed port cylinder if your in desperate need.

Sir, that is very kind of you. :rock:

I think I can make this top end into a serious runner though.

So it was KRL?

I couldn't remember.

That might explain his disappearance. I thought it was just because I called him out on the other stuff. I'd say he knew that this would come out sooner or later.

I checked and the link to his website doesn't seem to work. It appears he disappeared after the thread on the 246.

What a bummer. I've never understood why someone just can't tell the truth about something being sold. It makes newly diagnosed CAD guys like myself so very weary to buy anything but new.

I wouldnt doubt that MM can make this saw run though from what I have read on here. But that doesn't replace the fact it truly isn't NOS.

Frustrating nonetheless though.

So it was KRL?

I couldn't remember.

yes, i bought a supposed "running all original 242xp from him" (that wound up being a parts saw), that 246 (mentioned in this thread) and the "nos" 268 in a package deal. In that same pm, Aug 18th, I wrote, "the only other 2 series Im on the lookout for is a Mint or NOS 288xp or lite" he wrote back, "Sorry, I have both the XP and th Lite but am not willing to sell."

Then on Sept 30th, a thread is started, http://************************/forums/threads/nos-husqvarna-288xp-lite-on-ebay.6704/ baiting me. Oct 1st I start a pm wanting to buy it and offer $1200 plus ship. Oct 5th he comes back with "OK, I'm done fondeling it! The saw including its' bar, chain, manuals, box and toolkit, $1475.00 including ship to you. If you want the HD top cover, filter, filter horn, filter clanp is an additional $80.00."

Oct 6th, I write, "
Tim,
I thought about this alot last night and discussed it in great length with my wife. As much as I want the saw, I cannot put that kinda money out for it... I just dont have it. There will be another come down the pike, and I have several members on AS and FHC on the lookout for me. I just have to be patient."

He writes back, "No, problem Steven, I'll put it on display in the shop. I'll also keep on the lookout for you. Sometimes you can find them when saw shops are going out of business. Usually missing a couple of parts but not a big deal. The best way I have found to find those going out of business is to get a copy of dealer list from HVA and keep comparing the old list to the current list."

Then sends another message on the 6th, "Steven, I have considered out past dealings and your quest for a '288 Lite' if you are still interested in the saw I'll let it go for your offer of $1200 plus ship."

He bought it for $875. Nice profit for a 5 day turn around. I guess the guilt of the previous deal got the best of him and he accepted my offer.

I called him out on another chainsaw website for shady crap he had done and the folks on that site defended him like I was in the wrong. folks that know me know that im not going to say something and call someone out like that without proof.

He got removed as a mod and banned from another site, when the owner found out about my "less than favorable" dealings with him.

yes, i bought a supposed "running all original 242xp from him" (that wound up being a parts saw), that 246 (mentioned in this thread) and the "nos" 268 in a package deal. In that same pm, Aug 18th, I wrote, "the only other 2 series Im on the lookout for is a Mint or NOS 288xp or lite" he wrote back, "Sorry, I have both the XP and th Lite but am not willing to sell."

Then on Sept 30th, a thread is started, http://************************/forums/threads/nos-husqvarna-288xp-lite-on-ebay.6704/ baiting me. Oct 1st I start a pm wanting to buy it and offer $1200 plus ship. Oct 5th he comes back with "OK, I'm done fondeling it! The saw including its' bar, chain, manuals, box and toolkit, $1475.00 including ship to you. If you want the HD top cover, filter, filter horn, filter clanp is an additional $80.00."

Oct 6th, I write, "
Tim,
I thought about this alot last night and discussed it in great length with my wife. As much as I want the saw, I cannot put that kinda money out for it... I just dont have it. There will be another come down the pike, and I have several members on AS and FHC on the lookout for me. I just have to be patient."

He writes back, "No, problem Steven, I'll put it on display in the shop. I'll also keep on the lookout for you. Sometimes you can find them when saw shops are going out of business. Usually missing a couple of parts but not a big deal. The best way I have found to find those going out of business is to get a copy of dealer list from HVA and keep comparing the old list to the current list."

Then sends another message on the 6th, "Steven, I have considered out past dealings and your quest for a '288 Lite' if you are still interested in the saw I'll let it go for your offer of $1200 plus ship."

He bought it for $875. Nice profit for a 5 day turn around. I guess the guilt of the previous deal got the best of him and he accepted my offer.
I wish I had hit BIN on that 288. I would have let you had it for the cost.

Back