NOS 268XP.........Well Sort Of

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what few gilardoni cylinders i have had my hands on have been a work of art.the 038 cylinders i have have been near perfect as far as fit and finish all the way from port shape,beveling,cylinder plating ,outer finishing etc. as far as 038 supers go i have three cylinders,two sabart and one tecomec and all three are the absolute same.
That's not surprising, as the 3750/PP380 cylinder was also made by Gilardoni.

Is there function behind the curvature of the transfer tunnel or is it just a matter of something needing the real estate on the case?

Gilardoni P&C sets are a work of art.......very nice castings.......an easy way to tell the difference without taking the whole saw apart is that the Gilardoni has an extra set of cooling fins as opposed to the Mahle XP cyl........nice saw but bad for the resale for the owner...as it stands. I have no doubt that Randy can get a lot out of this cyl....but I have had both and the mahle CP cyl and windowed piston is best for modification...IMHO......Randy can get so much more out of the XP setup...I believe......

Gilardoni P&C sets are a work of art.......very nice castings.......an easy way to tell the difference without taking the whole saw apart is that the Gilardoni has an extra set of cooling fins as opposed to the Mahle XP cyl........nice saw but bad for the resale for the owner...as it stands. I have no doubt that Randy can get a lot out of this cyl....but I have had both and the mahle CP cyl and windowed piston is best for modification...IMHO......Randy can get so much more out of the XP setup...I believe......

I agree. I'd like to have a nice XP top end for this fellers saw.

I have a XP top end that I pulled off a buddys' saw that the piston was scored, I think the cylinder would clean up though. Randy if you want I will drop it in the mail free and you can see if you can use it.

Joe

I have a XP top end that I pulled off a buddys' saw that the piston was scored, I think the cylinder would clean up though. Randy if you want I will drop it in the mail free and you can see if you can use it.

Joe

I would like that very much Joe.

I need to call Josh (the owner of this beast).

Thanks Joe. Let me know how many beans to send you.

Put it towards the "Later" credit pile if it is useable. Like I said the piston was wrecked and the cylinder may or may not cleanup.

Joe

Randy I shipped the cylinder this afternoon, UPS says it will be there Monday. I gave it a bath in the ultrasonic cleaner, came pretty clean.

Joe

Back