Ohio GTG - Spring Fling

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd like to go, but don't know the work schedule for then...

When is the kentucky derby? I think it is around that time frame and I will be gone if it is.

more info ?

Are these open to the public?
How many hours do they last ?
Are there registration fees for competing or admission fees to attend ?
Food ?
Anything for the wife or youngsters to do?
Basically what can one expect ?
Sorry for all the questions, never been to one. Sounds interesting though.
I work every other weekend & April 19th is mine to work so may not be able to come up anyway.

Dave

Are these open to the public?
How many hours do they last ?
Are there registration fees for competing or admission fees to attend ?
Food ?
Anything for the wife or youngsters to do?
Basically what can one expect ?
Sorry for all the questions, never been to one. Sounds interesting though.
I work every other weekend & April 19th is mine to work so may not be able to come up anyway.

Dave

This is simply a bunch of chainsaw nuts that Get To Gather to have a little fun. No fees involved here, although we often take up a collection to help the host with feeding expenses. This is not "organized" racing per se. Sometimes a GTG will be cutting firewood. This one will be mostly racing. It's a chance to see and get to run other saws or show of your own. The time is informal as well. There's usually no set quiting time. But the typically start in the morning and run through the afternoon. You can bring your wife, but she'll likely get bored:dizzy:

Latest update

From Kevin,

Date: April 19th, weather permitting.

What: Racing in 8x8 and 10x10.

Food: Slab ribs and brats.

There will be plenty of 20" inch wood around that needs to disappear and hopefully something closer to the 26"-30" range for a big bar 1 cut race for fun.

Anyone interested in coming can PM Twinturboram for address and info. Mapquest is pretty accurate with the location so that would be what I'd use. The only issue that there might be is mud......kinda hit and miss around here in April. It can get pretty messy sometimes.

How come Kevin isn't relaying the info...it doesn't look like he is banned. I haven't seen him post for quite a while.

Last edited:
How about you guys do some testing. Time and video cuts - 2 cuts over the wood, time averaged. Like a 60cc shoot-out. With a 357, 361, 262, 625/630 Jred, 962 Oly/Efco, 577/575 Shindaiwa. Repeat for 70cc and 80cc classes. I of course can't make it there...but it would sure be nice to see some testing done, same log, same chain, same day - to put the rumors and BS to rest and allow guys to see just exactly which saw is faster, and by how much/little margin.

Josh

We're only about a month out from this GTG. We'd like to try to get a rough count of how many are coming, not only for food, but for how many cants of wood will be needed.

April 19

Perrysville, OH 44864

Please PM me for the address.

Last edited:
I'm interested in coming out. Is there a list of stuff you need or things a fella could bring to help contribute to the event? I would be happy to help with anything I can.
Mark

I can bring 3 Llamas, and some slightly used #### mags......

No seriously, I am thinking about driving up, but am curious about handgun
and open container laws up there, one needs to be prepared, since I have
"garnered" so many buddies here.

No, I may just drive up for the Sat, stay sober, and go back that night.
A tough day, but I am up for it. I have yet to find a decent "mammary"
bar in Ohio anyway.................... So I might just lay over in Newport.....

After 23 years of marriage, I need some kind of "fun".

Back