Oil...70$ a barrel & going higher

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keith said. "Did you know they blend propane?
Did you know you could have a 30% difference in the btus from one fill to another?"
---------------------
That's incredible. I knew there was some variance in propane fills but I never dreamed it would ever reach 30%. I can't imagine there hasn't been some legislation passed to control that. :dizzy:

We used to always figure 89,000 BTU/gal on the low end to 93,000 BTU/gal on the high end.

demand is down and supply is up... that's why prices are going up.
ya right supply and demand controls pricing.

So is #2 oil. All oil comers through pipelines.
#1 then #2 then #3 and so on. The oil does not stop out of the line between the numbers.
So there can be some variences there too.

So is #2 oil. All oil comers through pipelines.
#1 then #2 then #3 and so on. The oil does not stop out of the line between the numbers.
So there can be some variences there too.

Especially when gasoline/jet A is added to the mix....#2 fuel oil is a lot better than it used to be tho, but not as good as when it was .75/gal.

Was that when wood furnaces compaines dried up off of the vine?:jawdrop:

You tellin' me I'm old???.....well, yes, double-nickel-age in two weeks. I've been in the trades for 37 yrs. or so.....I remember the first wood boilers/scorched air furnaces that I remember hitting the market in the 70's following the oil embargo. More like science projects, just as the first flame-retention oil burners were back then.

You tellin' me I'm old???.....well, yes, double-nickel-age in two weeks. I've been in the trades for 37 yrs. or so.....I remember the first wood boilers/scorched air furnaces that I remember hitting the market in the 70's following the oil embargo. More like science projects, just as the first flame-retention oil burners were back then.

Is that what you infered?Shoot we all get old....it comes down to....are ya letting it show?
Your a funny man Mickey!
We outta go fishin some time.That would be a hoot.

I've always wanted to come out there to bag some walleye.....maybe next summer!

We stuck a few last night after a 3 hour onslaught of slab crappies.
Started out looing for eyes...there was this mayfly hatch and I noticed these slabs backs breaking water so we switched gears and had a blast then as the sun set we set up for walleyes.
I took home 4 and Kenny took 3 plus our limits of 11 inch eater slabs.
I release 3- 15"er's...man did they bend my ultra light rod!

It's a date...just say when.

Back