oil comparison chart

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's about time somebody said it. Amsoil = Amway?

Maybe I'm a little deft but how exactly is Amsoil the same as Amway. I'm assuming you mean their marketing, but it doesn't seem like a fair comparison. The business models are completely different. If you could elaborate I would be very interested.

Chris

Maybe I'm a little deft but how exactly is Amsoil the same as Amway. I'm assuming you mean their marketing, but it doesn't seem like a fair comparison. The business models are completely different. If you could elaborate I would be very interested.

Chris

Amsoil = Amway = Avon = Shaklee = Social marketing. I'm sure the products are just fine. The word you meant to use was probably "daft", deft has a whole different meaning. Anyway, I just found Henry G's observation humorous, I don't want to step on any toes. :)

Last edited:
gary loves oil threads and oil questions, he is a two stroke oil expert but he never posts about oil anymore. He requested that anyone with questions should pm him with all the details about what saw you run and he'll give you a detailed analysis of which oil to use for what conditions.

roflmao!!!

Last edited:
Thanks for the correction, didn't catch that one. My normal association with Amway is that it's a pyramid scheme. But the social marketing issue is another valid comparison. My toes are fine. I just wasn't sure exactly what you meant. Thanks for the response.

Chris

If you want to call Amsoil an pyramid scheme, that is fine, but it really isn't. It is based on private dealerships promoting the product. Any Amsoil dealer can sign up your car parts place or whoever as a retail account and it will be on the shelf. That store can sign up as a regular dealer also. Anyone can now go to their website and become a preferred customer and get the products at the same price as the dealers. This is a completely different concept than Amway and some of the other companies.

Amsoil is one of the best companies that I have ever dealt with as far as accuracy and quickness of shipping their orders out. They also have a great tech department. How many other lubricant companies have a technical department that is readily available to answer questions about their products?

I wouldn't call the saber expensive by any means. It actually runs a few since less than the stihl orange bottle that imo is some of the crappiest 2 mix i've used. Unless you don't need spark arrestors for your job and work in a mosquito infested area that is.

I totally understand you guys that can't stand Amsoils marketing style. I hate it too. But if you call it anything other than one of the best oils out there, then you simply don't know what you're talking about. Most "synthetic" oils out there are not true synthetics. Amsoil is true synthetic. That's also why it costs what it does. I'm not even saying that you need Amsoil. But it is one the best oils you can buy, better than most.

Stihl Ultra in the uk costs a rip-off £22 a litre (thats way over $30 US ) , and its not even a true synthetic like Amsoil is.
I get Saber Pro for about £14 here, which is still spendy but thats £8 a bottle less than the STEEEEEEEEEEEL .

I recently tried amsoil saber at 50:1 and fouled plugs in 3 different saws. I am not brave enough to run it at 100:1 yet but I have been running it at 80:1 and like it. My opinion is that amsoil has no reputation like stihl or husky to sell their product to the chainsaw community. I think that stihl could bottle p**s, do some advertising, and sell lots of it. Amsoil on the other hand has to make a good product so it sells. They have no interest in selling spare parts either.

Latest posts

Back