• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Older style OEM Stihl carry case for 024 Super

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for digging that out, I think that style case is for the next older generation of saws. I could be absolutely wrong about that though.
I appreciate it, but I think for now I'm going to hold out for the heavier double-walled case.
Thanks, morningman

Thanks Dan, thanks for looking for one I appreciate it man.
That case he's selling is the later style which I'm not interested in really. It could be a better case than the older generation of cases, I don't know, but it just looks real janky.

Do you have a pic of the style your looking for?

Yessir, I put up a link in the first post when I started this thread.

I'd post up a pic here now but I'm driving, shaving, tying my bow tie and typing on this phone all while balancing a beer on my knee and shifting a 3-on-the-tree wondering why everyone's blowing their horns. Lol

That's a good question. If you have one, what would you need to get for it? I have a real clean one that fits (I believe) an 011. My 011 has a case already, so if someone wanted to trade even up for like condition I'd do that. Otherwise, I don't know. Shipping would probably be 20-30 bucks so I'd like to keep it under 50 bucks shipped. Can't see spending that much on getting a case, but it is what it is.

You might try auctionzip.com. You might find a case at a local auction. Just put in chainsaw as your search word and see what pops up.

I got a 064 yesterday that was at a sale on auctionzip. Good luck on your quest.

Never heard of auctionzip, sounds interesting, thanks for the tip I'll hava go at that. Wouldn't mind an 064 either for that matter!

New month, new bump! Still on the hunt for this case, never imagined it would be this hard to come up with one!
Nic had a line on one several weeks ago, but the seller pulled a slicky on him and made it disappear.
Hadn't thought about it before, but how about a reward? I've got an old wooden sardine box full of fortunes from those chinese fortune cookies over the years, I'd be willing to part with three, five, or seven gently-used fortunes to the finder of the case that I need...
:D

It will be tough to find a desirable case that has been out of production for so long for $20. Probably going to have to luck into one.

Agreed.

Heck, the challenge bigger than finding one of these older double-walled cases, is finding the right one for the 024's.

Seems cases for 011's are everywhere around my area, 028's too simply because of how many were made, sold and used around here.

20 bucks would be nice, though that's garage sale kinda price. I'd go more but if someone here has one made for the 024 then he's gonna have to give me a price on it!

Latest posts

Back