• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Older style OEM Stihl carry case for 024 Super

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol I've heard of adhd, mostly when our kids were still in school and it was the big pigeon hole buzzword the administrators all wanted to medicate the kids so they wouldn't have to actually do their jobs. Funny, how heroin took over here and now after years of them denying there was that problem we don't hear a peep about adhd anymore.

Me? I just like to drive. :)

Who knows? Maybe I am, or on my way to being, but I don't think I can stay awake long enough to find out, lol.

I dig the constant input, but who doesn't? I have a mechanical brain, and making things run and understanding the feedback from mechanical stuff just does it for me is all. Don't think that necessarily qualifies me as adhd, heck if everyone in my different mechanical circles whether firearm, motorcycle, automotive, vintage farm machinery or even chainsaws were all diagnosed as adhd because of their love of what it is they enjoy doing we'd be in a world of hurt. As far as driving, I just like the "getting" part of getting where I'm going, and the good times we have with friends or family once we get there. And bacon only makes that better!

What was it? The link is gone already???

Hey Dan, it was a poulan in the older style stihl case I'm looking for. It was cheap money, hopefully Al picked it up earlier today and will be bringing it up to our GTG in November. By the by, I may be out in Windham tomorrow late morning and if you're in the area I'll drop those chains off. Will call you in the morning after I have confirmation of the run.

Oh ok cool. I guess that's why posting was removed. I'll look forward to your call. [emoji106]

Hola Jefe! I'm almost positive that I have the case that you're looking for, have you happen to come across what you need? If you haven't then I may have good news, but with the good does come the bad. I have over the years amassed over 3 dozen Stihl Vintage Chainsaws, from the 009, 011, 015's, 015L's, and 020's. If you haven't found the case you're looking for, please send me the exact measurements and I'll look very closely for the one you need/want. Now, the bad news, if it's case that I believe it to be, it comes at a steep cost. Please allow me to help you, if you're still in need! Respectfully; Dave R

Dave6390 in WI

Hola 'migo

I haven't found what I'm looking for yet, appreciate you stopping in and asking.

I won't be able to get to my 024 to measure it until Saturday morning, will post those measurements up here and in a PM to you also at some point Saturday morning / early afternoon.

Thanks!

Mel

No Problem Mel, when you get to it let me know, I'll get the case measurements tomorrow morning so I can respond to your post immediately! Have a great evening!
Dave

Dave6390 in WI

Dave, haven't been able to get into the office this weekend. Been everywhere else it seems, lol
Plan is to try and get over there today, will get back to you once I get it together.

On an up-note, I now have two cases! Had to buy two saws in order to get those cases, but it's a good thing because one of the saws is a real sweet newer 024 Super in stock form which I'd been kinda wanting. The other is an equally clean low hour standard 024 which I'll be listing on CL along with another one that I've had for a while. That leaves me me with one other shelf-queen 024 std and the two supers.

So after all that, I'm still needing one case but I now have two cases from which I can get the dimensions and help ID if one will fit one over the web.

I've got a super clean 011 carry case to trade even if someone has a need, and the case I'm looking for.

Okay Mel, I'll have my phone on me most of the day. Talk soon.

Dave6390 in WI

Snuck into work and brought an 024 carry case Home yesterday, will get some pics and measurements off it this morning. Crazy how neither me nor a few guys here can find any numbers or other means to identify these cases so you'd know which model saw they go to. It's nuts. How the heck did the dealers keep 'em straight?

Grabbed a few pics just now, hope they help. It's nuts though, the only numbers I found anywhere were "02/85" which I'm guessing is simply the date of manufacture. Crazy.

This is the saw and case I picked up in Albany this past Saturday.

Here's some pics:

024 carry case 001.JPG 024 carry case 002.JPG 024 carry case 003.JPG 024 carry case 004.JPG 024 carry case 005.JPG

Mel,

I think you need one of those 3D, wire-frame, laser-measured, CAD drawings. Then, you could just send that to your 3D printer . . .

"How the heck did the dealers keep 'em straight?"

Dealers were only dealing with current models. They picked up the saw, put it in the case, and saw if it fit good enough.

Philbert

Back