Opinion: Is this saw new/unused?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattellis2

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Thoughts?

3E83Id3L85L25N25Mcd59a0c50ac4a278190f.jpg

3E13F83H55La5G35Kbd593fe4091e56e41894.jpg

my vote is no.

It looks new to me. There is no way to know if it has been gassed. Most shops fuel and check saws before they leave the dealership, so I doubt that line. Those stickers on the front are gone the first time it is used and the case gets scuffed on the oil tank very quickly. Regardless, he is asking nearly full retail and if he paid $1800, someone stuck it to him and it really doesn't matter unless you are looking to put the saw away as a collector saw.

I think he is full of it with the $1800 line, too. It looks used to me. Lots of grime on the sprocket cover above the bar nuts.

I wouldn't mind having a 461, but not at full retail and no warranty.

If the saw was registed when it was bought, the owner can transfer the registration to a new buyer but the warranty begins with the original purchase. If saws run OK out of the box, then the likelyhood that a warrantable claim will happen is low. Most saw repairs on relatively new saws are for items such as fuel lines/filters/ which are not covered by a warranty and usually have gone bad due to fuel setting in the saw for years.

Latest posts

Back