Opinions Please--new saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cs 530 nice little saw
if the 450 is anything like the 350 it would also be a good choice
290 heavy and weak

john,

i'm still new here myself... This is one place that my reputation has not preceeded me (thankfully)!

Do what i'm doing... Get a 372xpw, send it to someone who knows what they're doing for porting, mod the muffler... And most important... Settle on which two stroke oil you're going to use for the mix!

There is a world of difference!

P.s. Seriously, you'll get some good advice here..:)

+10 Couldn't say it better or pick a better saw. After I switched to Husky, 372XPW and 395XP life has been beautiful!:clap:

Better watch it spring , your starting to say that word more often (HUSKY)!!

Youll have one before long!

Ha! You could be right!

I tell you though...its all about dealer support, light-weight, and decent cutting for me. I figure Husky(even in that ridiculous blaze orange) ans Stihl always meets that objective.

Well-I had a talk with the pro 'tree' guy who lives across the street. A real nice guy who I have sent business to over the years. He has been on his own for several years and takes on all kinds of work felling and has a real nice cord wood business to boot.
Anyway, I figured I'd get educated a bit before bringing my choices to Dan for final approval.
Dan uses Stihl and Huskies all day long and when I told him I was considering the MS260 and the 346xp--he immediately said to "get that Husky".
His best all around is 4-5 years strong and a similar saw.

Husky 346xp--yup. This concludes my search for my perfect and last saw.
Its been fun.

Well-I had a talk with the pro 'tree' guy who lives across the street. A real nice guy who I have sent business to over the years. He has been on his own for several years and takes on all kinds of work felling and has a real nice cord wood business to boot.
Anyway, I figured I'd get educated a bit before bringing my choices to Dan for final approval.
Dan uses Stihl and Huskies all day long and when I told him I was considering the MS260 and the 346xp--he immediately said to "get that Husky".

Its been fun.

Congrats on your new Husky 346xp! :cheers::cheers:

Its been fun.

Perfect?? I agree!

Last saw?? We'll have to see on that one!

in the $400 range................

i'd go with the Dolmar 5100 or the 270/280 Stihl

The Farm Boss MS290 is the Saw... at $369.95, you can't beat it!
The MS311, the 310 replacement is going approx. $560
FYI: I was told that they won't be making the 290 much longer...

Back