Organic firewood??!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only if it's organically certified vegetable oil from organically certified vegetables in an organically certified factory with organically certfied and trained staff.
Trust me, organics is wierd, I've unfortunately had to do a lot of work with organically certified farmers. The next whacky fruitcake howl at the moon step is Biodynamics.

Yep, it's even wierder when it comes to cattle. Most of the organic products here are made by the mega-corporations that also make the non-organic products. The corporations make the rules the set the organic standards.

What is biodynamics?

What is biodynamics?

Biodynamics is where the moon phases etc are brought into it.

And I quote...

"Biodynamics is a regenerative agriculture, holistic in approach and practice, through which the farmer and gardener brings the substances and forces of nature into a quality and sustainable production".

Gay. Gay as.

I have to be honest though, the wierdest part of organics and biodynamics are the people that practice it. The more normal guys are doing it to capture a niche market and maybe make some more money whereas the whackos think they're gonna save the world. Most of the guys I've dealt with are the whacko element.
Full of crap about what they're doing and can never back it up with science. Conventional agriculture HAS to be able to back any product up with field trials and toxicity reports etc.
I have got heaps of stories regarding certified organic guys using illegal chemicals, not just illegal in organics but illegal full stop. They get away with it because the current organic testing doesn't include those chemistry groups.

Anyway, I'll get off my high horse but I'm sick to death about people saying organically produced produce is safer with no evidence to back that up. When questioned they always bring up organochlorine insecticides like DDT. It's like anti nuclear energy activists bringing up Chernobyl.

I've seen everything now. Organic firewood. Is it for feeding to your pet beaver?

organic_firewood.png

You don't sell organic wood?!? I'm not going to buy from you!

:laugh:

Latest posts

Back