Pacific Northwest GTG (June 12-15, 2015)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"CRASH" was the wrong word. :msp_tongue: I should have said "FOCUS"! Besides, college football starts this weekend so listening to the Beavs and tinkering with saws sounds like a good task to "FOCUS" on this weekend. I'll figure dates and let you know soon. Thanks!

Well, it's way too soon but here it is! The dates for this years Pacific Northwest GTG are from the 13th to the 16th of June. The Friday (the 13th by the way) is for the hard core and help persons while Monday the 16th is for the "hung overs" and others who just can't quit playing Chainsaw! We are looking forward to another GREAT TIME!.......Bob

Nice too see such a good early response! We also have a Facebook page, Pacific Northwest GTG, that you can join too see pictures of our previous GTGs. This years will be our 4th. GTG here at "Farleyville". We have really had a great time doing them and have met some " wonderfully collectable" characters. These things are way too much fun to stop doing them!..............Bob PS.......Maintaining my current PNW WildThing championship isn't any fun without a challenger.

Nice too see such a good early response! We also have a Facebook page, Pacific Northwest GTG, that you can join too see pictures of our previous GTGs. This years will be our 4th. GTG here at "Farleyville". We have really had a great time doing them and have met some " wonderfully collectable" characters. These things are way too much fun to stop doing them!..............Bob PS.......Maintaining my current PNW WildThing championship isn't any fun without a challenger.
You Know Jani and I will be there request the same usual camping spot

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg About Time To Bump This........Those of you who have been seeing the posts on Face Book or the other saw site may have seen these pictures and know that the Barn here, now has an upstairs. Because of the way the barn was originally configured the new upstairs has a raised section at the sliding door end. Turns out that it looks like a stage. So I have gone with that idea. Am adding a DISCO BALL and just today a friend mentioned that all it needed now was a POLE! I don't think that there any Fire Fighters in the group so I don't know what she meant for sure..........Bob

Only if you can guarantee some sunshine. Or maybe a bigger shelter so we could all stay out of the rain.

And whose idea was it to go camping in Astoria in April anyway? Must have been Patty. :rolleyes:

Yup, always blame the liberal. :p

I missed this thread. Farleybob, I plan on being there. Can I have a spot in the shade please? I better find The Chain for Old Sparkless, too.

Hi SlowP !!! Yep, you can get the same spot. As for the chain still being there, the mower can find it for you. But, I can spin you a new one and install it for you. I have this new theory --- If the chain is installed so that the teeth on the bottom side of the bar are pointing towards the tip then as you use it, it will self sharpen! ---- Can't wait to see you racing with the "Self Sharpening" chain! By now you have seen the stage. How's the fiddle coming along? Ready to headline?.......Bob

Hi SlowP !!! Yep, you can get the same spot. As for the chain still being there, the mower can find it for you. But, I can spin you a new one and install it for you. I have this new theory --- If the chain is installed so that the teeth on the bottom side of the bar are pointing towards the tip then as you use it, it will self sharpen! ---- Can't wait to see you racing with the "Self Sharpening" chain! By now you have seen the stage. How's the fiddle coming along? Ready to headline?.......Bob

Ooops, I meant find the chain in my shop. It made it home OK. I have the slower, full comp chain on and maybe that is Gologit's strategy--I will forget to switch it back to the super secret no more chain and lose the race.

Fiddle playing? Actually, I can headline, but some fellow band members would be welcome. I've been sawing my way though the fiddle breaks to "Wagon Wheel". Screech screech ....everybody there will have earplugs, right?

Hi SlowP If the chain is installed so that the teeth on the bottom side of the bar are pointing towards the tip then as you use it, it will self sharpen! ---- Can't wait to see you racing with the "Self Sharpening" chain!

I like that idea. I wonder if a guy could completely disassemble a chain, turn the cutters facing the opposite way of the drive links, put it all back together... and then loan it to a competitor?

Back later, I'm headed for the shop. ;)

Ooops, I meant find the chain in my shop. It made it home OK. I have the slower, full comp chain on and maybe that is Gologit's strategy--I will forget to switch it back to the super secret no more chain and lose the race.

Fiddle playing? Actually, I can headline, but some fellow band members would be welcome. I've been sawing my way though the fiddle breaks to "Wagon Wheel". Screech screech ....everybody there will have earplugs, right?

Strategy? Me? Strategy? My main plan is trying to get the saw to start. After that I'm on auto-pilot.

I don't know how I get this so screwed up! In an attempt to get the duplicate pictures dumped I also did in the comments! Anyway......We had a fun day in the woods getting more wood via fire wood permits for the June PNW GTG. Best parts not photographed were Sheldon standing on and balancing the logs as they were being skidded and sky lined on to the trailers, and T hanging his Toyota ass up from the sky line while moving some of the bigger logs. Green Fir is HEAVY! My trailer would wag it's tail over 52mph and T suffered a flat but was able to limp home and will get that load here soon enough......Bob

I don't know how I get this so screwed up! In an attempt to get the duplicate pictures dumped I also did in the comments! Anyway......We had a fun day in the woods getting more wood via fire wood permits for the June PNW GTG. Best parts not photographed were Sheldon standing on and balancing the logs as they were being skidded and sky lined on to the trailers, and T hanging his Toyota ass up from the sky line while moving some of the bigger logs. Green Fir is HEAVY! My trailer would wag it's tail over 52mph and T suffered a flat but was able to limp home and will get that load here soon enough......Bob
I'll bring my redhead convertible along with the standard yellow troublemakers:) Thanks for all the hard work fellas see ya there!!

Latest posts

Back