Performance Outdoors 60cc Comparison

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am going to see if i can borrow a 562 from the local husky dealer to measure it. or take my tape measure, level, and scale there to measure it. Might be a few days or might be impossible. Wont know till i ask him and get time to go down there.

They usually end up at 12.8 lbs (12 lbs 13 oz) when weighted - and the MS362 usually at 13.2 lbs (13 lbs 3oz).

An 044 does not weigh much more than some of these 60 cc saws

As others have stated, they are likely all good saws, so if U have one that works for U, be happy and stop the nonsense.

True of many 70cc and 60cc saws Mike. In most cases their weights are not dramatically different. And how significant is a pound here or there of power head weight when you still have to pick up all of those 50-80 pound firewood blocks you've been cutting to get them in the truck? :)

And the thread is getting a little nit-picky with some of these details. Any of these saws will get the job done and there's really not a bad one in the bunch.

Nice work! D'ya mind if I use the images in my chainsaw weights gallery? I may also repost them to the unofficial one here if that's OK.
that is fine. they are going to get posted on a couple other sites too when i get time. If you use the 361 weight just make sure its noted that it was missing some chunks. I am not sure how much the difference would really be but i think its important to note that.

True of many 70cc and 60cc saws Mike. In most cases their weights are not dramatically different. And how significant is a pound here or there of power head weight when you still have to pick up all of those 50-80 pound firewood blocks you've been cutting to get them in the truck? :)

And the thread is getting a little nit-picky with some of these details. Any of these saws will get the job done and there's really not a bad one in the bunch.
x2 Again!!!!

that is fine. they are going to get posted on a couple other sites too when i get time. If you use the 361 weight just make sure its noted that it was missing some chunks. I am not sure how much the difference would really be but i think its important to note that.

Excellent.

We're looking good in the gallery so far. What we are really missing are the weights on a standard 261cm and a 362cm.

The only 362 C s that I have seen over 13 lbs had aftermarket parts on them. With all due respect to Troll, I think they are 13 flat, as originally posted on the website (it now lists it at 12.8, which I do not believe). The 562 is also listed at 13 lbs. While I do not trust the published wts from the mfgr, I find it hard to believe that they overstated it.

There was a post some time ago with that 13 lb wt.

While I do not trust the published wts from the mfgr, I find it hard to believe that they overstated it.

6100 listed weight is 13.2 lbs actual weight 13.25lb so pretty accurate
6400 listed weight is 14.1lbs actual weight 15lb!!! not so accurate. i am betting they are still using the original 6400 weight from before the cat and some of the other updates.
2258 listed weight is 12.35lb actual weight 12.56lb

A 1/2lb. feels like a ton at the end of a 10-12 hour day especially climbing or out of a bucket when you're reaching.

Yeah, I agree with that for sure. Small amount of weight in those situations does make a difference.

But most here are not working in that environment, and much of what some guys are quibbling over is not important for what they are actually doing with their saws.

The only 362 C s that I have seen over 13 lbs had aftermarket parts on them. With all due respect to Troll, I think they are 13 flat, as originally posted on the website (it now lists it at 12.8, which I do not believe). The 562 is also listed at 13 lbs. While I do not trust the published wts from the mfgr, I find it hard to believe that they overstated it.

There was a post some time ago with that 13 lb wt.

http://www.pbase.com/wyk/neal

The 562 was weighed a while back:

154581445.N6BaJg3R.562xpweight.jpg

No....it was before i was even a member here[emoji6] not saying it was right or not....i don't really know what the "real" weight is.

The problem with comparing weights is the scales that are used. mine appears to be accurate but its a $40 150lb ebay special so who knows. i also have a 10lb postal scale and even it will throw out an oddball number on occasion.

I sat all saws on the scales multiple times and checked the weight.

i didnt do that for my health.....occasionally this scale likes to show a number that isnt right so i always check weight several times. 6400 is the only saw in this test that my scale went screwy on....it went something like this...15 lb, 15lb 2oz, 15lb, 15lb. i threw out the 15lb 2 oz number and went with 15lb even. if it shows the same weight twice in a row i call it good.

My 562 is noticeably heavier than my 2260. Brake handle is lighter, filter area and cover, also the side cover and bar studs are smaller. Adds up to equal a really great saw.

Latest posts

Back