Performance Outdoors 60cc Comparison

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm actually kinda surprised at how little difference there is in size between the jonney abd and 6100. Looking at my 6100 and a 562xp I would think there was more difference.

I would suspect that they are actually closer in spec due to the 562 being a large mount vs the 2258/60 small mount.
That to me is the most interesting thing about this all. Our perception of size vs real measurements of the saws.

At least part of the reason is of course that only the max measurements are recorded (hard to do it differently) - look how flat the top of the 6100 is, compared to the much more "pointy" 2158, as an easily sean exemple. ;)

The 6100 would loose serious territory due to the large fuel & oil tanks.

It is up to the user how much he fills up the tanks - and that max weight will be there for a very short time anyway (during cutting).

To me, weighting with full tanks is a futile exercise, regarding comparisons.

It is up to the user how much he fills up the tanks - and that max weight will be there for a very short time anyway (during cutting).

To me, weighting with full tanks is a futile exercise, regarding comparisons.
As far as I understood from users, is that the fuel tank is more than enough for filling a truckload of wood. So I don't think that the short time is of any relevance in real world firewood cutting.

its wider and taller than the others including a 6400 which is essentially an 80cc saw and im not sure how much weight it had shaved off of it with the broken clutch cover and recoil plus all the small chunks out of the wrap and anything else plastic. no outer bucking spike. overall i probably wouldnt give my weight spec on it to much credit. I wouldnt really call that a win

Huh? According to your post #18 it is the lightest, (-damage?) the shortest not including spikes, as low of height at the hood as any of them, and only the jonsered was narrower at the recoil. (By 3/8). 3 out of 4 feels like a win to me!

Granted I didn't compare every measurement, is a larger handle a bad thing? I did compare every measurement to the 6400 and the 361 is smaller and lighter in every measurement so I don't follow you here o_O

Cool thread though!

Huh? According to your post #18 it is the lightest, (-damage?) the shortest not including spikes, as low of height at the hood as any of them, and only the jonsered was narrower at the recoil. (By 3/8). 3 out of 4 feels like a win to me!

Granted I didn't compare every measurement, is a larger handle a bad thing? I did compare every measurement to the 6400 and the 361 is smaller and lighter in every measurement so I don't follow you here o_O

Cool thread though!
:oops: oops looking at wrong numbers...too many to compare

An 044 does not weigh much more than some of these 60 cc saws and will kick a ported 60 cc's butt even in unported form!

That said, I also like my 362!

As others have stated, they are likely all good saws, so if U have one that works for U, be happy and stop the nonsense.
No nonsense here...but seriously the 362 and 562 weren't part of this comparison so why even mention them? The 044 is in a different class all together

An 044 does not weigh much more than some of these 60 cc saws and will kick a ported 60 cc's butt even in unported form!

That said, I also like my 362!

As others have stated, they are likely all good saws, so if U have one that works for U, be happy and stop the nonsense.
Mike could you make a video of your stock 044 vs your ported 362? No muffler mods or HD filters to make it fair.

No nonsense here...but seriously the 362 and 562 weren't part of this comparison so why even mention them? The 044 is in a different class all together
I am going to see if i can borrow a 562 from the local husky dealer to measure it. or take my tape measure, level, and scale there to measure it. Might be a few days or might be impossible. Wont know till i ask him and get time to go down there.

Mike could you make a video of your stock 044 vs your ported 362? No muffler mods or HD filters to make it fair.

Ive always wondered what the animal told everyone about his 044 before he joined AS and found out what a square cutter was along with the undisputed dual port muffler cover and HD2 air filter.

Actually Ryan, I didn't tell anyone anything, but I got plenty of feedback when I used it. It was always a good running saw, it is just better now (thanks to the knowledge I got from this site). Truth is usually the very impressed had homeowner saws, and none of the pros I know around here have modified their saws in any way.

As I recall, you were also very impressed with an 044 you used to own, much more so than the 440 you subsequently owned...correct???

M&R, in stock form, I think the ported 362 would be very close, but I don't plan on going backwards with the 044. Keep in mind the 362 comes with HD-2, and adding that made a bigger difference on the 044 than the dual port. Also, the 044 has almost a 20% displacement advantage over the 362, that is a lot!

My point was, with minor at home changes (no porting), it is hard to beat a 044 for size & wt to power.

But many people here have a different favorite size or brand, and I don't knock any of them. If you find a saw that fits what U want to do, it is good.

It is like the debates about big block & small block, Ford, Chevy, Chrysler, ... there are lots of good ones out there. If everyone liked the same thing, life would get boring.

I had one that ran better than the others ive had , without a less restrictive filter and muffler mod i wouldnt say they were that impressive..gettin the air in/out faster certainly makes a difference..the 2 i have now are ok runners..they dont wow me though...i think with 20" bars some of the ported 60cc saws ive had would smoke a stock 044 with a 20" bar as well..i dont like saws with 30 year old technology anymore , the new ones are much nicer to use.

Cool thread though!

Among those measurements, it is only the weight and the wideness that really matters much - but the outboard clutch/inboard sprocket design of the Jonsered (Husky) is far more important.

Those 3/8 of an inch will feel like a lot more in the hands!;)

Latest posts

Back