Pics of my first climb

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Brendonv, well done!
What is your climbing method? foot lock or hip thrust or just scramble?
I just got to do my first climbing pruning job. small, but for me it was a learning experience. :cool:

Hey,

On those pics i was using a pantin, i climb using a VT, footlocking was a pita that day because the ground was damp and my feet were just slipping...

I saw the pics of the pruning job you did, came out good...hopefully this summer i will be working with a friend of the family doing pruning and such, right now im just practicing at home so if im good enough the guy will let me climb for him...

thanks!

brendonv-
cool stuff. welcome to the club. now,pardon my saying so, but that doesnt look like a white oak to me. definitely oak, but...

I think you need to take the price tag off the front of your camera; or what is it you don't want us to see? :)

well, i hid it because carl told me i would hear alot of cra p from you guys, he informed me not to use the biner like i had it becaue it was an incorrect load on the biner...i tryed getting the old pic back but it keeps sayin "uve aready posted the pic" oh well...

jason--i dont know what to tell ya, just pretend its a white oak :p , once i get up higher in the canapy ill take a branch and check out the buds and what not....

Brendonv,
Don't worry about catching crap (You aught to see what I'm catching on one of my post). Just remember, "The only guy who never screws up, wasn't doing nothing anyway". :blob2:

brendon, what ever thats cool i dont care what kind of tree it is. it don matta no how! welcome to our world. listen to blaster and rah (here). get a shot line and put your line way up there- assuming your basics (knot tying esp.) are in tact. just remember once you get far enough off the ground, the danger of falling becomes constant. in other words, it (probly) doesnt matter if you fall from 20 or 50'. have fun man. i know i love it...

A VT on his first climb? I don't think he should be going very high. In fact, unless someone else was helping I'd start with something else.

Mike

Mike Cantolina said:
A VT on his first climb? I don't think he should be going very high. In fact, unless someone else was helping I'd start with something else.

Mike

I am helping him.

Not getting high because your scared of the hitch is like saying you can only swim in the shallow end:rolleyes:.

Lumberjack said:
I am helping him.

Not getting high because your scared of the hitch is like saying you can only swim in the shallow end:rolleyes:.

Some individuals advance at different speeds. Remember the KISS system. ;)

Latest posts

Back