Pics of my first climb

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gotta ask... what's up with them?

attachment_21409.php

:blob2:

some from today...this is only at 30 feet, i kno this is a hard question to answer, but what do u all say the average working height??

Last edited:
Nice pictures, I can't wait till get the rest of my gear and to start climbing. I did get the leather pads on my spikes fixed today so that I can use them.

75 is way up there. i have worked a ways above that too, but it is unusual that i work over 50 or 60. 30-40 is run of the mill. sometimes weeks go by where i dont get that far up. i'm small potatoes though i guess. good question. i hope alot of guys answer...

rahtreelimbs said:
Wait until you can work your way through the whole tree......out to the tips!

Words can't describe it!!!

That should be your signature,Just reading that gave me a rush...

Good job Brendonv, keep up the good work

Jason

What you guys call White Oak in Oregon is a different species from the White Oak found east of the Mississippi River. The two trees are closely related, the leaves and bark of the Oregon White Oak are different from the eastern variety of White Oak.

We bought some White Oak seedlings from a nursery in Oregon years ago, this is how I happen to come across this bit of tree trivia.

Larry

Nice pics, definatly white oak. No pics of my first climb, I set a line to pull a tree down use some half arse hitch i think my boss made up him self(or couldn't remember from 20 years ago) almost a taught line with no stopper. Thank god for TREE CLIMBERS COMPANION, ARBORMASTER TRAINING and knowing how to read! I learned more from the margins of the sherril catalouge than on the job. Have fun and making money is awsome!

Getting a work-out on the job is nice too, so you don't have to waste free time keeping healthy.

White Oak East of the Mississippi would probably be a Quercus alba, while West of the Mississippi you have the Oregon White Oak, Quercus garryana, and the California White Oak, Quercus lobata.

Latest posts

Back