Picture's of my garage fire

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Be thankfull your house is standing. Its one thing to be sawless but quite another to be both homeless and sawless.

sorry bout you garage

sorry to hear bout your garage woodchuck. hope you can replace all your tools and saws. i know i'd be devastated if my barn burnt down. out buildings are a mans sanctuary.

Be thankfull your house is standing. Its one thing to be sawless but quite another to be both homeless and sawless.

Well, I'm not sawless. 3 day's before the fire I put all of my new stihls in the basement. 7 of them one of them being a new ms660 that still has'nt been in the wood. :clap:

Just got on and seen...

Damn man,,,that sucks....Hated to see this happen to you or anyone.. Glad noone was hurt .... Hope things go ok and get her built back soon ....

Tore the garage down today. Man it is totally different to look out the back door and see a big open yard. Thanks for all the support guys.

I am so sorry for your loss. :cry: The garage to most of us means so much more than a place to store stuff. It is gonna be hard not having it to go Hopefully your insurance company comes through and does their job. How many saws did you lose? I would love a shot at that 056 and see what is salvageable.

I'm surprised the magnesium didn't burn up more than it did.

Obviously it got hot, but probably not as bad as you would think. You can see that the, plug boot, air filter box and filter didn't melt much and the metals look good besides the paint being melted off. The piston and cylinder, who knows? I think it would be cool to see what is usable. If you read my sig, you know why I am interested. lol

Obviously it got hot, but probably not as bad as you would think. You can see that the, plug boot, air filter box and filter didn't melt much and the metals look good besides the paint being melted off. The piston and cylinder, who knows? I think it would be cool to see what is usable. If you read my sig, you know why I am interested. lol

Only thing I want is the bar & chain. PM with an offer, include shipping.

Sorry to hear about your fire,glad it was contained and nobody was hurt.I will be cleaning my stove pipe out tomorrow(I do it 4 or 5 times a season now).I had a stove pipe fire about 14 years ago,I was using the furnance pipe that went up through the middle of the house for the wood stove(not a good idea)I just about had a heart attack trying to get it out.It was shooting flames three foot out of the top and would not stop when I shut the stove down(it was a homemade barrel type my brother made).It was in the basement and the pipe going up through the floor was cherry red and the walls upstairs were hot.I got lucky and found a ladder and a couple of 5 gallon buckets and poured the water down the pipe and it went out.I have a completly different setup now with class A pipe.I think that was the year I burned alot of green wood.Hope everything works out good for you(fires suck,big time).

I have had this happen on a smaller scale. Throw a BIG pot of water on the fire and slam the door shut. The steam races up the pipe and puts out the fire in the chimney. Learned that from a friend who's dad was a fire chief.

I am very sorry for your fire.

We had this happen when I was 1 year old. The family had to sleep the night at a church because the fire dept thought our house was going up also. I peed in the bed!

The tools were interesting...I am told they looked brand new, but when you put a wrench on a bolt it would just shatter as you added torque.

Our fire was started by the wood burner....clean those chimneys.

Good luck to you....you seem to be in good spirits despite the loss.....that makes me believe you will persevere.

Latest posts

Back