please pray for my mom

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thank you again guys heres an update: shes home the lesion they found is cancer as they expected it was but there was only one. so today she started radiation to get rid of it. the brain cancer takes first priority over the other existing cancer issues. so shes got 5 days a week for 3 weeks or radiation as of now. shes on steroids and they told her to pretty much just stay home and that she cannot drive at all. luckally my wifes home during the day f she needs anything. we live about 20 minutes away so its not too far anyway. i just gotta get myself to put stuff on hold thats not truly important and really spend more time over there. its easy to forget the important things in life when you stay so busy doing different thing asll the time. too much work, cuttin wood, splitting wood working in the yard. something always seems to come up and you just dont have the time so other things suffer.
i gotta say shes truly incredable i dont consider myself a pansy by any means but i could NEVER handle the stuff shes been taking for 2 years shes a friggin machine. she never complains either if i ask her how shes doin she dosent even bring any of that up just talks about regular stuff. shes 1000 times tougher than i could ever be!

I do hope the best for all of your family. I have a sister with a brain tumor....very sad. Prayers are going your way. Hang in there. I know its tough though.

thank you again guys heres an update: shes home the lesion they found is cancer as they expected it was but there was only one. so today she started radiation to get rid of it. the brain cancer takes first priority over the other existing cancer issues. so shes got 5 days a week for 3 weeks or radiation as of now. shes on steroids and they told her to pretty much just stay home and that she cannot drive at all. luckally my wifes home during the day f she needs anything. we live about 20 minutes away so its not too far anyway. i just gotta get myself to put stuff on hold thats not truly important and really spend more time over there. its easy to forget the important things in life when you stay so busy doing different thing asll the time. too much work, cuttin wood, splitting wood working in the yard. something always seems to come up and you just dont have the time so other things suffer.
i gotta say shes truly incredable i dont consider myself a pansy by any means but i could NEVER handle the stuff shes been taking for 2 years shes a friggin machine. she never complains either if i ask her how shes doin she dosent even bring any of that up just talks about regular stuff. shes 1000 times tougher than i could ever be!

Mike

Thanks for sharing the updates with us. It has been said before that although (for the most part) we do not know each other personally here on AS, we count each other as friends. In my short time posting here you are one of those that I have come to admire and think maybe I'll get lucky enough to meet one day.

As for your Mother's strength and your comment about not having that yourself - She is a Mother, and you are your Mother's son.

Take care.

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers as well.sorry to hear about all this,but keep ur chin high and keep lookin forward....

God Bless you and your family Mike, I hope the radiation and everything works well. As a few people mentioned, I too think it's a great site with a lot of good caring guys ( and a few gals I am sure) and that is nice to find.

just a word of encouragement it may help you get thru these tough times i know everytime i listen to this song it brings tears to my eyes cause it is a wonderful song and it speaks of how God understands the situation and he is in Control he is the great physician i can set and play that song over and over again cause of the message in it
by the way my name on youtube is BassSingerNC

i dont mind letting you know that either maybe some of the songs i have on there may help people thru the times in the hard times they go thru each day all i know is cancer is tough illness but God is in Control im almost crying righting you this msg

just comes to show how i am inside

here is the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_G27SX-x9w

thanks
calvin

i don't know if you have kids, but this is what age, experience and kids will do to a good person. to someone of weaker constitution, it will break them.
best wishes and prayers to you and your family.

God bless Mike, hope all turns out the best it can.

jonsered 670 super ported pollished and muffler mod
jonsered 630 muffler mod
dolmar 7900
2 husky 266xp
2 husky 61
homelite vi-200
poulan 2151 wife's saw, modded muffler
just picked up indian not sure what model yet

Mike,
No one else can be where you are right now but I wanted to share a story that might help. When my cousin was 11yr old he was diagnosed with a cancerous tumor of the brain. He was given less than six months.

He endured many treatments over the years to manage the tumor as it was inoperable. He died at age 22. He took each day as it came and never quit living... oh by the way, he died in a fall from a bridge sustained while fishing.

Sounds like your Mother is cut from strong cloth. Smile every time you think of her and see her. Dance and sing when you are with her. She is a gift from God and should be celebrated.

Damn dust in my eyes again...

2Door

Cancer is evil. There is One who has overcame cancer, I just talked to Him about your situation. God is still in the healing business.

Kevin

my prayers sent for you.

My father-in law just passed away (Friday) from cancer. He battled it for 1.5 years, now he finally is not suffering.

thanks again guys a cant tell you how much i appreciate this, it really means alot to me. im really looking forward to thanksgiving again this year. my wife and my sister will be cooking at my moms house. im hoping the radiation dosent wear her down too much over the next few weeks.

she was supposed to go with me the wife my sister and her boyfriend on the crazy 3am black friday sales. i always thought my wife was crazy for doing it but i aggreed to go with her last year and it was really alot of fun. it was us 4 my 2 kids were at my wifes aunts house so we had some time. we waited at toys r us for hours i think it was like 10 degrees out it was friggin cold. all the people in line were great.

heres a funny black friday story
when we were checking out i saw these huge gumballs in the vendiong machine now i mean like a full size billiard ball big. so i ran over got one and jamed the whole thing in my mouth. it must have taken me 5 minutes to soften it up enough so i could even close my mouth. then my sister started screwing with me and i couldmt help it i started laughing and all teh juice started gushing out of my mouth all ove the floor. now this with a full to friggin capacity toys r us. she still talks about it she saws it was the funniest thing she ever saw. lol i still laugth when i think about it. man was my wife mad at me lol. i was gonna do it again this year if my mom came lol i bet she woulda been rolling on the floor. but i think ill by a few of em and do it at the house for her :) the damn thing was so big it actually tore a bunch of skin off the roof of my mouth lmao

archer sorry to hear of this if you need anyone to talk too let me know my ears are open and on stand by

thanks
calvin

thanks man i appreciate it. makes you really rethink life when some one close to you dies and they are only 46. i have done a ALOT of thinking in the past week.

the woodpile and the saw :greenchainsaw: has been a escape.

Back