Ported 084 vs Ported 880 36" bar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Snelling will be impressed with your "consistent " technique .. And that 3rd log :laugh:
Anybody got dibs on the 880 when it comes up for sale ?
And also you suck mate nice saws !

I understand the bar flat for consistency in cut times, I think in these test videos i would like to see a loaded cut. Kinda put it into real world mode for us firewood hacks. I think showing what a saw has for revs, cut speed and then show its stump pulling power. Using a hard pressure flat cut, then a dogged in cut like i think alot use, then a dogged in or flat pulling a saw down to its knees (near clutch
stall out.) What you qll think? I know i like hearing the revs, but id also love to see the torque too.

Both saws impressive and great job as always RB660.

I wonder what they'd do with a 3/8 chain?

Any idea about what differs in the porting, compression and mufflers?

I'd say Randy's saw sounds better than the TM880. Even if it's a bit slower.

Randy knows how to make an 084/088 speak up! The 088 that he did for me is rediculously loud. I like it though, it's the only saw that I won't run at all without ear plugs lol

I understand the bar flat for consistency in cut times, I think in these test videos i would like to see a loaded cut. Kinda put it into real world mode for us firewood hacks. I think showing what a saw has for revs, cut speed and then show its stump pulling power. Using a hard pressure flat cut, then a dogged in cut like i think alot use, then a dogged in or flat pulling a saw down to its knees (near clutch
stall out.) What you qll think? I know i like hearing the revs, but id also love to see the torque too.

pulling power? You mean like this... :D

Randy knows how to make an 084/088 speak up! The 088 that he did for me is ridiculously loud. I like it though, it's the only saw that I won't run at all without ear plugs lol

MM084 - had a HUGE side port with no screens.

TM880 - had 2 ok sized holes on each side of muffler but had factory screens cut to fit over them.

I'd really like to see the 880 run without screens. But it's not my saw.

Randy knows how to make an 084/088 speak up! The 088 that he did for me is rediculously loud. I like it though, it's the only saw that I won't run at all without ear plugs lol
Both of these saws are fine without ear muffs, they are loud but tolerable. My 361 is a different story, that is too loud.

When the 880 was stock it was easy to stall the chain. The first time I ran it after porting it was a night and day difference.

Yea kinda like that. I do kinda like to see a saw hit its limits. I appreciate all the testing and information you have put out. I bet that has to cost alot of time and money. I wouldn't mind spending it either as its just a hobby for me. The only reason why i mention dogging in as something else to show. Everyone i have cut with uses
the dogs when bucking if possible,
and most everyone will pull a saw
down once in a while by accident. Or it may ever be that persons cutting style.

To show how a saw powers through a situation like that to me is just as impressive as holding the high rpm.

No im not knocking the consistency of the cutting you all do with this testing. I get it and understand that is what you are looking for in fastest times. I totally understand why you all show it like that. My only thing is that i like to treat a cut like a dyno and pull the saw down to show torque/clutch holding power. it would also show it kinda like a stumping environment. That is what those type of saws would be used for me. Again i understand why to show the tests like you do, i also like to see the raw stuff.

Latest posts

Back