Porting 101

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks John. I've read through your thread there many times. That's some nice work too. I like this since it works on anything.

That is the cool thing about yours! I tried to do mine with stuff I thought folks might have lying around.

That is the cool thing about yours! I tried to do mine with stuff I thought folks might have lying around.

Ya exactly. Not everybody has a lathe to make this. Though some degree wheels come with spacer adapters, so you may be able to just bolt the degree wheel to the chuck without having to machine a shoulder to make it work.

Also, your way won't work on a Husky, and that's mainly what I work on.

Ya exactly. Not everybody has a lathe to make this. Though some degree wheels come with spacer adapters, so you may be able to just bolt the degree wheel to the chuck without having to machine a shoulder to make it work.

Also, your way won't work on a Husky, and that's mainly what I work on.

True!! Yours is "yoo knee vur sul" !!!:laugh:

Finally made up a nice degree wheel holder today. Was getting real tired of the crappy mount I half arsed together, and it never ran true which will throw off your measurement. Here are a few pics I think its pretty self explanatory.

You didn't get that idea from Race Saws did ya! LOL... I know I just posted some pics of the same thing a few days back and so did Chevytown, we got the idea from Copsey:hmm3grin2orange:

Thats okay though, you can take credit it for it!;)

huskybuild040.jpg

Last edited:
Remember, he's the PUTO that posted Tom's finger ports over here. That PUTO is a ship ready to sink, cuz loose lips sink ships and that PUTO was trying to get credit for Copsey's Trick of the week™????:hmm3grin2orange: Don't even try that #### over there.

Yes, dwell included and an easy set up compared to those CD's he was using:hmm3grin2orange:

DSCF2200-1.jpg

photo-2.jpg

BTW, the last poster jumps ships quick depending on the situation...

And oh yeah there is something new about but only those on the inside know the know you know:yoyo:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5gDlHmQkcSk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5gDlHmQkcSk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Ooops, how did this one get in here...

photo130.jpg
;)

CHEVYCLOWN,

Are you talking your garbage again, do you ever have anything good to say about anyone?

Using profanity that you learned from your vatos...very classy.

You are real piece of $#!T.

Ah, how cute, traditional fool showed up:hmm3grin2orange:

Oh yeah, I'm a clown for the Evil Empire on a heist for some jugs;)

CHEVYCLOWN,

Are you talking your garbage again, do you ever have anything good to say about anyone?

Using profanity that you learned from your vatos...very classy.

You are real piece of $#!T.

Remember, he's the PUTO that posted Tom's finger ports over here. That PUTO is a ship ready to sink, cuz loose lips sink ships and that PUTO was trying to get credit for Copsey's Trick of the week™????:hmm3grin2orange: Don't even try that #### over there.

Yes, dwell included and an easy set up compared to those CD's he was using:hmm3grin2orange:

BTW, the last poster jumps ships quick depending on the situation...

And oh yeah there is something new about but only those on the inside know the know you know:yoyo:

There always has to be one turd in the punch bowl...thanks CT for your thoughts.

You didn't get that idea from Race Saws did ya! LOL... I know I just posted some pics of the same thing a few days back and so did Chevytown, we got the idea from Copsey:hmm3grin2orange:

Thats okay though, you can take credit it for it!;)

huskybuild040.jpg

ha ha. No I didn't actually, I don't visit RSAWS too much. The idea came to me from Dozerdan, he posted a pic for me of the one he made, and the drill chuck came to mind. Like others said, if someone thought of it, someone else is likely too. There are not many new ideas floating around, that's for sure.

Last edited:
Back