PP330 broke, get an ms290?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes the line looks loose. How often should it need to be replaced since it's not that old?

(shop told me they replaced it LOL)

Where should I get a replacement line?

Take a side pic of the tank vent. I swear I cant see one (brass flush part) even in that small pic you posted.

263147d1353376320-photo-jpg

yes the line looks loose. How often should it need to be replaced since it's not that old?

(shop told me they replaced it LOL)

Where should I get a replacement line?

They have to be replaced every time the crap we are forced to buy for gasoline now days screws it up!
The newer fuel line is more fuel resistant.
IF they actually replaced that line you should still be able to see the diameter written on the side of the line itself.

What does it say???

Mike

fought with those #$@^wires and got them out. I doubt I'll ever get it back together. I still don't see any damage, but it was definitely leaking fuel. How is that clear fuel line supposed to be sealed?
View attachment 263148

You got it apart, you can get it back together. You might want to go ahead and pull the carb before you do it will make it eaiser to fish the wires back through.

Mike told you right about the fuel line.

You might as well put some gas in it now to see where its leaking from. Were you paying attention to the pictures that Jeremiah posted and showed where the tank vent was? Thats where you want to look for the leaking.

I'm attaching the IPL for that saw if it will help you any.

Last edited:
Take a side pic of the tank vent. I swear I cant see one (brass flush part) even in that small pic you posted.

263147d1353376320-photo-jpg

Yep.....

They have to be replaced every time the crap we are forced to buy for gasoline now days screws it up!
The newer fuel line is more fuel resistant.
IF they actually replaced that line you should still be able to see the diameter written on the side of the line itself.

What does it say???

Mike

Yep....

If that is all it was all you had to do is take a few things apart to replace vent. Good experience for you anyways.

brassvents002.jpg

Yep.....

Looks like he is in good hands, no use in me clouding the picture. Easy from here, Boy Scout listen to what they tell ya and it will be an easy fix.

You just found your tank leak. Just as I mentioned in my first post in this thread. Maybe $4 in parts.

Look at the IPL that I posted, page 2 item #46 and #36, they just press into the tank.

Get those two and some 1/8ID X 3/16OD fuel line and you should be fixed up. If it was me I think I would replace the impulse line as well but make sure you use a rubber line and not a Tygon style line on it.

Beats $400 for a saw thats not as good as the one you have.

no numbers on the fuel line, and it's yellowed.

I'll order a new as I don't know where to get that kind of stuff locally.

Any suggestions for a parts source? Poulan?

I'm really ticked at the shop. He's done right by me in the past so I can't figure out why he did this now.

I'm really ticked at the shop. He's done right by me in the past so I can't figure out why he did this now.

I can tell you why, he doesn't care........more interested in getting you to "his" brand and you locked into his parts bin. As far as the line is concerned, my local O'Rilley's stocks it and most any small engine shop does. Those prices came from small engine parts warehouse

I'm still trying to get the carb out so I can clean it up right. It looks like the throttle linkage has to come off first. How does the trigger detach?

Whoever told you that they changed the fuel line on that saw is a lying S.O.B.............and I will tell him so to his face!!!
The line pictured in your photo is damn near old enough to vote!!!

Mike

There you have it. That was better than the small engine class down at Vo Tech.

Most of that fuel line you can get on ebay. Due yourself a favor though and buy more than you need. It looks like you use that saw a good bit so in 2 years you'll be needing more. For the impulse line, try some windsheild washer line. I grabbed about 5 feet of it from the scrap yard. It was FREE. My old Craftsmans all leak some where the new line goes into the tank. Differant outside diameter for the new style fuel line. I've seen people fuss with drilling out the tank and adding a sleeve or a nipple. I just live with it leaking a little. Most guys spill way more gas overfilling the tank than will ever leak through that opening.

There you have it. That was better than the small engine class down at Vo Tech.

Most of that fuel line you can get on ebay. Due yourself a favor though and buy more than you need. It looks like you use that saw a good bit so in 2 years you'll be needing more. For the impulse line, try some windsheild washer line. I grabbed about 5 feet of it from the scrap yard. It was FREE. My old Craftsmans all leak some where the new line goes into the tank. Differant outside diameter for the new style fuel line. I've seen people fuss with drilling out the tank and adding a sleeve or a nipple. I just live with it leaking a little. Most guys spill way more gas overfilling the tank than will ever leak through that opening.

I find that washer or vacuum line will not stand up to fuel at all. The best thing I have found is fuel line for a Stihl *cough* FS90 weedeater. It comes in a 1 meter length and it is very good for this application and about $3.

Well I've certainly gotten an education, and I thank all of my teachers here again.
As soon as I get those parts, and see if I can clean out all the gook, I'll let you know how it goes.

Latest posts

Back