Pre mix 50:1 vs straight non ethanol in cans....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Huskybill

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I have the husky 50:1 pre mix in cases on hand. I also have tru non ethanol in cans too. The misses was cleaning up and put the non ethanol gas in the pre mix card board box. My son went to gas up the saw and found the non ethanol fuel in the pre mix box. Thank god my son is quick witted with common sense. Straight gas in the pre mix saws spells disaster.

I have a rule with my gas cans... the 1 gallon cans are the only cans that contain premix, and are the only size cans I fill my 2 strokes with. Straight gas is never stored in any 1 gallon can. Also... Make sure it's not clear when you pour it.

Good on your son for catching that!

These are in quart cans. Since there’s no big jobs right now a quart can is perfect to test run saws. I use the tru non ethanol in my mower.
The wife is a neat freak.

I had tractors parked since I been sick with ethanol fuel in them. I never seen carbs so gummed up in my 59 years of rebuilding them.

Shelf life of corn fuel is around 2 months anymore. My vette has sat a month since i nuked 1st gear and i started it yesterday and could smell the rancid fuel smell out the exhaust. I use 2gals of mix a week and 12 to 15 gallons of non mix a week in my shop...no time for it to go bad.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Time to stock pile non ethanol fuel mixed with seafoam or husky fuel stabilizer.

My ex-wife years ago used my premix jug in the lawnmower...then refilled it with straight gas......guess who didn't catch it until the 3.7 Craftsman died a horrible death.

Dang Bill, bullet dodged. High-5 to your son.

I thought about buying the 4 stroke mix and adding my own oil, but was kind of afraid of something similar happening on accident, especially as the oil I have has very little dye.

I have three 5 gallon gas cans, only one is full of gas, the rest are diesel. None are marked. Keep thinking I should mark them, but it's only me that fuels any of my equipment. So far so good, but I know it's only a matter of time before I brain fart and put diesel in the pressure washer or gasoline in my truck.

Ive been using the 50-1 Tru Fuel mix no problems my chainsaws run good on it. When I was mixing my own hi test gas Sthil premium oil it would sputter. Since using Tru Fuel no more sputtering. I dont use my saws everyday but I can tell the difference.

I live in the uniontown pa area. We have a marathon station in town that carries the 90 octane non ethanol for just under $4 a gallon. All my small enines get it. I recently found that there is a new gas station/dairy queen in the cheat lake wv area that has non ethanol for about $3.20 a gallon. Hope this helps someone!

I live in the uniontown pa area. We have a marathon station in town that carries the 90 octane non ethanol for just under $4 a gallon. All my small enines get it. I recently found that there is a new gas station/dairy queen in the cheat lake wv area that has non ethanol for about $3.20 a gallon. Hope this helps someone!
Octane? Actual location? I'm north of Connellsville but might need to make a trip.

Latest posts

Back