Pre mix 50:1 vs straight non ethanol in cans....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don’t have this problem because besides our cars, every piece of OPE I have is 2 stroke powered. Everything from my new Husqvarna weed eater to my vintage Lawn Boys that I mow with every week. I mix Amsoil Saber at 45-50:1 and use that can for all of it. Plus I have probably 6 Marathon stations within 20-30 minutes of me that sell ethanol free gas. And the closest one is 2.5 miles up the road.

L8R,
Matt

Octane? Actual location? I'm north of Connellsville but might need to make a trip.
The station in uniontown is on fayette street below the Walgreens. The station in cheat lake is near the cheat lake animal hospital.

I don’t have this problem because besides our cars, every piece of *** I have is 2 stroke powered. Everything from my new Husqvarna weed eater to my vintage Lawn Boys that I mow with every week. I mix Amsoil Saber at 45-50:1 and use that can for all of it. Plus I have probably 6 Marathon stations within 20-30 minutes of me that sell ethanol free gas. And the closest one is 2.5 miles up the road.

L8R,
Matt
I have an old Troy built push mower nothing but 50:1 since day one. Last tune up I peeked thru the plug hole and the top of the piston is cleaner than skeeters peter. The deck will rot away before that engine quits lol.

Every time one of these threads come up, it makes me like my battery electric stuff better. I know a lot of you guys can put a full day on a hedge trimmer or blower no problem, but for my little 1/3rd acre you couldn't give me gas powered equipment. What a pain in the ass.

Back