Premature bar wear mystery on new MS 661 C-M

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
All true, but when we don’t have the facts regarding these bar calamities then
I think it’s ok to proceed with caution, and take into consideration what other people
have experienced, I dont know if Stihl changed the ingredients, nor have I heard of many
bar problems, except my neighbours, and whatever is going on in the OP’ case.
There are no “bar problems” except for crappy paint. If that’s important enough to not buy what the vast majority consider the best 50cc saw on the market, then don’t buy it.

those marks are from the heat treatment process on the rails.
It’s odd though, they there is three of them on the bar, Two on
one side, One on the other, they are semi circular, like when you
weld and the heat spreads along the joint, it’s not continuous along
the bar length, consistent with heat treating an edge, I don’t understand that.

[
What made the chain tighten was running it out of oil. Binding the drivers in the groove doesn’t shorten the chain but it will prevent the chain from turning.
Bullshít! 38 yrs...haha, my as§.
Just some interior dry belt clown.
You are shìt to me.
The chain is...I mean f*en tight to the bar.
Have most none of you actually ran a saw?

Rookieville!!!

There are no “bar problems” except for crappy paint. If that’s important enough to not buy what the vast majority consider the best 50cc saw on the market, then don’t buy it.
I have seen the problem with the neighbours bar, paint don’t matter to me.

[
You are shìt to me.

Rookieville!!!
Stop overheating your bar and you won’t have the problems you’re having. Chainsaw 101, bro.

[
You are shìt to me.

Rookieville!!!
These things happen to newbies, chain links can swell up with heat when lubrication and
clearances work together to bind up the chain, it then destroys the insides of the rails
in no time at all. It doesn’t happen to experienced people often, but newbies, they destroy
quite a lot, and some of them never figure out what went wrong or how to avoid a repeat.

Not a big deal to rectify the problem before
damage occurs but it does happen from time to time. It happens more with certain set ups.

It's just a fact
Yeah, too long of a bar for the oil output of the powerhead. Learn how to properly operate your equipment so you don’t spread disinformation that chains expand when cold and contract when hot.

Your words.

These things happen to newbies, chain links can swell up with heat when lubrication and
clearances work together to bind up the chain, it then destroys the insides of the rails
in no time at all. It doesn’t happen to experienced people often, but newbies, they destroy
quite a lot, and some of them never figure out what went wrong or how to avoid a repeat.
Right! Check post below yours.
You know anyone with any active timbers sales your way? You know, knock 'em down, limb 'n' buck 'em up? even hand stack for the forwarder?

The worst is when they rate a new saw based on a one minute cookie cut! Lets see what happens in 3 years of heavy use.

the worst is when someone (knowingly, in many cases) says they have had a (known problematic saw) for, eg "10 years with no troubles whatsoever" when said saw has only been run a few hours over those 10 years.

hours of use matter, not years of laying around doing nothing.

Yeah, too long of a bar for the oil output of the powerhead. Learn how to properly operate your equipment so you don’t spread disinformation that chains expand when cold and contract when hot.

Your words.
You guess wrong again there Mr Mechanic
It's unlikely to happen with big bars.

What happened to your Irish 'friend?
I am in his back yard right now

Reread the post you quoted and get back to me.
This ain't going nowhere tonight until the Irish guy accepts my offer of a max 10 days free labour
I will also put up 1,000 Pound Sterling for
*IF ..I can't impose my will and mentality break the spirit of the best he can put in front of me within said time.
There is hugs for all and I'll buy lunch upon greeting.

This ain't going nowhere tonight until the Irish guy accepts my offer of a max 10 days free labour
I will also put up 1,000 Pound Sterling.
If I can't impose my will and mentality break the best he can put in front of me within said time.
There is hugs for all and I'll buy luch upon greeting.
What offer?

And who is the Irish guy?
Idk,...trying to figure out if he is a real stand up guy . OR Troll#2
I'm there on his door step, so to speak.
He called me a fraud. I'm offering for him to invite me over. I am offering free skilled labour up to 10 days and 1, 000 pound sterling if I can't break any man's spirit that he can find in Ireland OR the UK to bushel next to me... AND within said time. That's felling & ,processing and perhaps hand stacking the smallish short logs.

It's a guy I quoted tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back