Project Stumpbroke 3120xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Many have asked same question about stumpbroke. All I have heard is he is off the grid. I have not seen any posts from him since early mid April.

Got to use the 3120 today on a 40" white oak stump. Wow. Made quick work of it.

Many have asked same question about stumpbroke. All I have heard is he is off the grid. I have not seen any posts from him since early mid April.

Got to use the 3120 today on a 40" white oak stump. Wow. Made quick work of it.

I'm hoping I haven't lost my saw boy he did good on two others for me

Anyone have any luck coming in contact with stumpy I would really like to get my saw back. Ill ride it out for a little longer if anyone has any information like there is a medical issue I understand please let me know. But if he's just not interested anymore I have to pass the serial numbers on to local law enforcement at some point in his area.

You can't agree to a deal then back out without returning people's property it's stealing at that point.

I'm a very understanding guy and I hate to do it but it has been 3-4 months. I don't wanna cause the guy problems just want my stuff back

If anyone can contact him please do I really don't wanna have to go down this road ill even pay for the return shipping if he is broke.

Last edited:
that has got to suck to be without a saw that you need to make a livin with. Your more patient than I am. :cheers: Maybe one of Stumpy's friends will pm you with some info. I can't imagine that no one knows where he lives or has never been to see him. Too bad your not within driving distance so you could pick up your saw.

Sad thing is he's done 3-4 others for me and has done a great job.

I'd doesn't make any sense I hate to do it that's why I'm hoping someone can get this figured out but the only thing I can do is call his local authorities. They will go and see what's going on and hopefully recover the saw.

Sad thing is he's done 3-4 others for me and has done a great job.

I'd doesn't make any sense I hate to do it that's why I'm hoping someone can get this figured out but the only thing I can do is call his local authorities. They will go and see what's going on and hopefully recover the saw.

I'd like to know also... was going to send him a saw....hmmm.

... Maybe one of Stumpy's friends will pm you with some info. I can't imagine that no one knows where he lives or has never been to see him. Too bad your not within driving distance so you could pick up your saw.

Surely you have your shipping address? I think you will end up driving there to check it out yourself.

I would expect any law enforcement to turn a deaf ear on any "stealing" reports. Since you put the saw in his hands voluntarily, law enforcement will consider that a civil matter, unless you can argue that he tricked you (in an unlawful way) into sending it to him. That is unlikely unless you had a whole bunch of folks pressing them for action.

If you just allow an employee to drive your truck, and that employee takes it to some other state for their personal use, the cops around here won't even take a police report. "Did you give them the keys?...That's too bad. Sounds like a civil matter to me..."

Yes. I've had it happen to me. Fortunately, when they crashed drunk into some other vehicle, it helped that we had reported the missing truck.

Stumpy was learning quick and building fast saws. Some of his last saws were very fast! Those of us closest to him don't know what happened. But he did stop coming here and he stopped building saws. He is a good guy and not a thief, but? I'll try and call him today.

I like stumpy as much as anyone used to chat with him on the phone and ask him questions. Sent my squish band work to him. So that being said

Stumpy obviously isn't coming back and speculation on why he's not is a waste of time. Someone will figure out how to get peoples stuff back to them. I don't like the situation anymore than the people with equipment still with him do. But talking about where he is or why he's there publicly won't fix it fellas. I'd help if I could but he's not answering my phone calls and doesn't have the desire to return them. We've established that thus far that's par for the course. Not a lot I can think of short of knocking on his door that would give us the information a few of you seek. I'm sorry for everyone involved and hope you find the solution without getting extreme.

I like stumpy as much as anyone used to chat with him on the phone and ask him questions. Sent my squish band work to him. So that being said

Stumpy obviously isn't coming back and speculation on why he's not is a waste of time. Someone will figure out how to get peoples stuff back to them. I don't like the situation anymore than the people with equipment still with him do. But talking about where he is or why he's there publicly won't fix it fellas. I'd help if I could but he's not answering my phone calls and doesn't have the desire to return them. We've established that thus far that's par for the course. Not a lot I can think of short of knocking on his door that would give us the information a few of you seek. I'm sorry for everyone involved and hope you find the solution without getting extreme.

No one could've said it better than that.

But I wonder how much AS inventory is sitting in the chicken coop?...............
I don't have anything vested there, but I feel the pain for those who do.
Surely someone is close enough to Stumpy to help figure out at least how to return saws to their rightful owners?

What happened.....happened and is of nobodies bidness. But one would think that returning someones elses property would kinda rank high on the list..........I know it would mine.

I feel very lucky to have gotten my 4 saws back from him when I did. He stopped responding to messages just after I got them back.

This 3120 is running strong but could use just a little more work. The stumpy 395 is keeping up with the stumpy 3120. But that is 3/8 non skip vs 404 skip chain too. This is on 46" white oak trunk with cables inside the log.

The 3120 is a pain to swap chains. But I am getting pretty good at it. The setup on the 395 is easy to swap chains.

The stumpy stump broke 346 is wicked meaning crazy good.

Last edited:
If anything those of you have stuff with stumpy pm Bob (if he thinks making a list would help)

sorry but the 346 that stumpy did is stump broke not "wicked". if you want a wicked 346 then get it touch with me :hmm3grin2orange:

I'm not sure that going to Stumpy's address would do any good. In one of the threads that was started shortly after the fire (a raffle thread IIRC), Stumpy himself posted that he was having problems with mortgage payments.

At one time, after folks started asking about Stumpy being 'missing,' an AS member posted a link about something that happened with Stumpy, but the post was edited or deleted.

If anything those of you have stuff with stumpy pm Bob (if he thinks making a list would help)

If I thought it would do any good I'd agree to help but I don't see where my participation, or that of AS, would do any good here.

I've been here since 2005 and in that time I've seen this same scenario played out over and over again. Builders come and builders go. Most of them are straight up guys who do good work, keep their promises, and take care of their customers.

Every so often we get a bad apple. We've seen cases where the saw never was returned and we've seen cases where saws were actually sold by the builder to cover his personal debts. I'm not saying that this is the case here and I sincerely hope it's not.

Occasionally we get a situation like this where there isn't any good and simple resolution because the builder has suddenly gone astray and refuses all attempts to communicate and to find a remedy. What has worked best in the past is for the person who sent the saw to the builder to keep the pressure on for a return or a refund. If that includes involving local law enforcement...so be it.

I hope that Stumpy gets his problems ironed out and I wish him all the best but he needs to start communicating with you guys. He needs to do it soon.

Back