Proof that Stihl saws are junk...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MCW

Somebody's talking crap here & it ain't the tree!
Reaction score
Hi guys.
Thought I'd just show a few photos of a brand new Stihl saw where the handle broke in the first couple of minutes. The clutch was also useless and the second the chain touched anything it started slipping. Also I don't know why people rave on about Stihl chain. The brand new chain on this saw was as blunt as the back of an axe.

2012-08-14191704.jpg

2012-08-14174551.jpg

Here is the culprit that managed to wreck it...

2012-08-14174351.jpg

I'll never buy another Stihl. I mean all he did was run out onto a polished floor with his new saw and slipped over in his socks. A pro saw such as this should have been able to handle a small hit like that but alas...

The little tacker didn't think so :) I would have expected more than 2 minutes out of a pro saw before it broke though.

No I feel bad for the little guy, just the way you worded it like a true saw. Plus the price of those you would think they would be built better of course some real saws are that way too:frown:

A fine looking young man there! Sorry his new "work tool" failed him. I hope you can get it back in service for him :)

I remember bugging my Dad to make me a little garden hoe so I could help him. May not seem like it but it means alot to them. I am sure I chopped more beans than weeds...

Bill

Oh and by the way it's not my kid but a relative's little fella. His dad actually owns an MS380 so I thought he'd like this one. Worst part was is he went straight into cutting up the furniture with it :(

Some gel PVC cement will mend the handle.

Send it to me and I will mend it and throw in a port and polish, Muff Mod.

Luckily it's got a volume control so he doesn't send his parents around the bend.

It's actually pretty cool. I didn't realise when I bought it for him that it had batteries. You actually switch it on like a normal saw and the second you pull the cord it "starts" and idles. It even has a throttle and revs up when you give it some. The air filter cover's knob is the volume. If it didn't have a volume his mum would have shot me...

heres my grand son with his i got it for his birthday and it is still in one piece and he loves it

attachment.php

Back