Proof that Stihl saws are junk...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there a part number to that stihl saw? I'd like to see if i could get my dealer to order one....

+1..

My work dealer had some "Stihl" candies on the counter one day. Took a pic of the p/n on the bag. A few weeks later, I called him, and asked for the energy booster, and gave him the p/n. He thought I was talking about an octane boost, or some sort of stabilizer, until he punched the number in the computer....

If he could've reached though the line and strangled me - he would have!

one hander

You can lough all your way to the bank, but I got myself this little one hander in green color....a gracious gift from my collegues at work because of my 50 iest birthday a few weeks back.

No Stihl, but who cares..... it even has a battery powered safety chain, and it's the ultimate lightweight saw (even Sawtroll will like this one)... :hmm3grin2orange:....

attachment.php

You can lough all your way to the bank, but I got myself this little one hander in green color....a gracious gift from my collegues at work because of my 50 iest birthday a few weeks back.

No Stihl, but who cares..... it even has a battery powered safety chain, and it's the ultimate lightweight saw (even Sawtroll will like this one)... :hmm3grin2orange:....

attachment.php

Sawtroll won't like it unless it has an outboard clutch :)

Sawtroll won't like it unless it has an outboard clutch :)

I actually like the MS361 and the 372xp, but that's despite they have inboards, not because of it.

I'm pretty sure they both would have been better, if they had been made with an outboard - at least the 560xp is, and that alone is likely making the 361 obsolete - but it doesn't sound like they dare to do it with the new 70cc+ saw, based on what I have "heard" so far.....

.. and ST won't like it because it's NOT orange.....

(faded or not!)

The reason is the less than well designed models Stihl has put out after 2004 or so, not anything to do with color or brand, really. I suspect they need to change out their engineers, that seem to be more interested in creating gadgets for consumer class saws, than with creating really good pro saws.

The reason is the less than well designed models Stihl has put out after 2004 or so, not anything to do with color or brand, really. I suspect they need to change out their engineers, that seem to be more interested in creating gadgets for consumer class saws, than with creating really good pro saws.

So, I GUESS your saying - " I HATE FLIPPIE CAPS!"

I see what you mean in the "0" series as to the ENG(*) aspect of it.

* - E.N.G. = Engineers Need Guidance - get out from behind the desk/CAD [ NOT that CAD!:laugh: ] and get into the field... Have the same problems @ work with Toro/J.Deere/Jac-Textron./C.N.H/Bobcat....

The look on his face reminds me of a saying I heard years ago.

"Age does not diminish the extreme disappointment of having a scoop of ice cream fall from the cone"

And here we are 30 years later........Age does not dimimish the extreme disappointment of having your new Stihl saw take a dump on its first day.

Tony

Latest posts

Back